So I've been kind of out of the Blackberry loop for a while...and I just was browsing around Crackberry and noticed the new 8520 is coming sometime in the not so distant future. I'm interested in getting rid of my 8310 and upgrading sometime in the next year or so, but I'm kind of sick and I thought maybe someone would take pity on me and update me quickly and concisely so I can get back up to speed on the Blackberries.

As far as I've found so far- this one doesn't have 3G or GPS does it? It's a shame, cause I love the trackpad idea and missing those two things would totally blow it for me. But when would it come to Rogers?

Hope everyone's having a good day!
    07-29-09 05:46 PM
    I hope it comes out onto Fido!!
    08-01-09 10:56 PM
    So I've been kind of out of the Blackberry loop for a while...and I just was browsing around Crackberry and noticed the new 8520 is coming sometime in the not so distant future. I'm interested in getting rid of my 8310 and upgrading sometime in the next year or so, but I'm kind of sick and I thought maybe someone would take pity on me and update me quickly and concisely so I can get back up to speed on the Blackberries.

As far as I've found so far- this one doesn't have 3G or GPS does it? It's a shame, cause I love the trackpad idea and missing those two things would totally blow it for me. But when would it come to Rogers?

Hope everyone's having a good day!
    Take a look at the Onyx 9700, it has everything you are looking for and then some.
    08-03-09 03:08 PM
    It probably IS coming to Rogers, and as someone else posted the 9700 is another good option for you.

Fido I'm not so sure, right now they only do the Pearl. My guess would be you are MUCH more likely to see the 8520 than the 9700 on Fido, but really who knows? Nothing is announced yet. The only thing we know for sure is Tmobile is releasing it on the 5th and several Walmarts have already sold them here.
    08-03-09 03:13 PM
    I'm really bummed that this is being sold in the US and UK right now. And it has just been announced for Indian but not even a peep on when its being released in Canada

Come on RIM!! What about your fellow Canadians?!

Then again, I shouldn't be blaming RIM, I'm sure its all Rogers's fault!
    08-05-09 08:21 AM
    let hope when it does come out though that it is FREE like it is in the rest of the world. but i guess if u look at roger's history thats way past 'wishful thinking'
    08-08-09 12:54 PM
    let hope when it does come out though that it is FREE like it is in the rest of the world. but i guess if u look at roger's history thats way past 'wishful thinking'

yes, rogers will NEVER offer anything free if it has the word Blackberry in it.
    08-08-09 01:15 PM
    I hope it comes out onto Fido!!
    i doubt they will. fido only has the 8100 right now....they'll have a better chance getting the 81xx or 83xx than the 8520...
    08-09-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD