Okay, so I'm new to Crackberry so forgive me if this post isn't perfect
    So then, I'm trying to update my 8520 to 5.0, and no matter what I try I cannot get the thing to work, I've tried to delete and reinstall the update of my computer many times (5.0.0.509, platform 5.2.0.47), tried unplugging the internet, turning off connections on my phone, taking out the SD card, I mean just about everything, except wiping my phone, obviously I'm saving this for a last resort. I'm not on a carrier (etisalat) where the update is released, and probably won't be for a long time.
    So I've deleted the vendor file and all that, and when I go into loader.exe or Desktop Manager, the only option for my phone is the 4.6 software.
    I don't know what else I can do? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, I don't know.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    05-15-10 03:11 AM
    Try using BBSAK (RIMGeeks.com • Index page desktop software) to load the OS, it has worked for me in the past.
    05-15-10 06:32 AM
    Thanks, but I have tried using that as well, for some reason BBSAK doesn't recognize my 8520, I've tried closing my desktop manager and device manager software (also done with the kill button on BBSAK itself), and for some reason it will not recognize my phone, perhaps I'm missing some fundamental step which is why I can't even get BBSAK to work properly, let alone the update? Thanks again though.
    05-15-10 12:08 PM
    Did you try rebooting the PC?
    05-15-10 12:52 PM
    I had the same problem with BBSAK not recognizing my 8520 and Diegonei pointed me to Blackberry Master Control Program. It was able to see the Blackberry when BBSAK wouldn't. You may want to give it a try.
    05-15-10 01:46 PM
    Yeah I have tried rebooting the PC, does the make of the PC influence anything, I was reading another post about issues with Dell computers, ad I have a Dell laptop?

And I will try the Blackberry Master Control Program now. Thanks
    05-19-10 12:34 AM
    Okay, so I have no idea what is going on now. Blackberry Master Control Program won't recognize my phone, and now neither will Loader.exe or Desktop Manager :S I think I might just give this 5.0 thing a miss unless anyone has had similar problems and managed to get things working? Thanks anyways guys
    05-19-10 01:02 AM
    I just have one question all the OS are USA or another country but I am from the UK would it still work on my 8520?
    05-19-10 02:26 AM
    OS releases are multilanguage.
    05-19-10 08:48 AM
    Okay, so I have no idea what is going on now. Blackberry Master Control Program won't recognize my phone, and now neither will Loader.exe or Desktop Manager :S I think I might just give this 5.0 thing a miss unless anyone has had similar problems and managed to get things working? Thanks anyways guys
    I ran into the same issue, it turned out the a driver for the phone went corrupt on my pc. I had to factory restore my computer in order for the driver to get reinstalled and it all worked just fine. DM recognized the first try, then Loader worked. Didn't try BBSAK yet as those 2 worked. I had an external HD to back up my computer on to b4 i did anything tho.
    05-19-10 09:09 AM
    Are you running Windows 7? Some have reported an issue with "7" and updates. Also, after you downloaded the file to your computer, did you then install it to your computer, then go in and delete vendor, et all? Lastly, I would also skip .509 and use .592 or leak .681. 509 has issues.
    05-19-10 09:10 AM
    Yes I am running Windows 7. And yes I did delete the vendor.xml and all that, I even tried things like deleting the vendor file with administrative properties (right-click) and also tried to open loader.exe with administrative properties, except when I did that it didn't recognize my phone :/

Is there any way you could send me a link, I'm having trouble finding a good link that isn't 509.

Thanks
    05-19-10 11:51 AM
    Try this

05-19-10 12:32 PM
    OS releases are multilanguage.
    for some reason i can't update mine to 5.0

sorted now
    Last edited by LilacBleeds; 05-19-10 at 04:39 PM.
    05-19-10 03:31 PM
    Okay, so I figured out a way to do this! Using a program called CrackMem, it basically uses desktop manager to do the install, but all the setup process is on CrackMem, works a charm.

Thanks to all those that tried to help
    05-30-10 07:35 AM
    Okay, so I figured out a way to do this! Using a program called CrackMem, it basically uses desktop manager to do the install, but all the setup process is on CrackMem, works a charm.

Thanks to all those that tried to help
    And thank you for posting back a solution that worked for you.
    05-30-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD