From what I understand the 83xx series is carried by all carriers. By default it seems to be the most used BB on the market. I see curves everywhere!! It has proven to be a sturdy workhorse, despite lacking in some of the features newer models have. I personally think that the 83xx series of BB will be the first "classic" and will be used for years to come.
    09-01-09 07:52 AM
    The fact that it "is" the most widley used series of bb on the market is not the reason that it is the best selling smartphone. that remains to be the fact that the curve is a workhorse. companies love it beacause it works well and is relativley inexpensive as bbs go. i feel that the curve has certainly placed itself into the catagory of "classic" or perhaps the "flagship" of the smartphone world, by which all others will be judged. so i guess i would even call it and industry standard.

I know i love mine. my wife loves here. my sister in law is way addicted to hers. she even bought the orange curve to match her car. several of my freinds have taken my advice and switched to curve when the time came.

bottom line--- this phone freaking rocks!!!!!!!!
    09-01-09 08:38 AM
    I know I am addicted to my Crackberry now after only a month. I will NEVER go back to a dumb phone again!

This forum has helped feed my "habit"...on here all day long when I should be doing laundry.
    09-01-09 09:47 AM
    classic you are right
    09-01-09 11:31 AM
    The $50 price tag being offered by some carriers is helping it's popularity too, lol!
    09-01-09 01:54 PM
    I've put these phones in the hands of experienced and novice users.
    Each was nervous at first, but within weeks of being paired with a BB 8330 and BES for their Exchange Email...they are all wondering why we didn't do it sooner ($$ being the answer, of course...)

The fact I have old school users starting to jump on board and understand newer technology, i.e. calendar sharing, instant messages via Email or BB Messenger...they are starting to see and understand the light.

These phones are rock solid and just work. There are sexier phones. There are sleeker phones, nicer screens, etc.

These Curves just do everything well. Not the best at any one thing, just great at everything....

Being in IT...I've been fighting the urge to get a Tour.
    I'm glad I've been waiting. I could use the 3G network, faster phone and nicer screen. But I'm worried about it's use with blue tooth, etc., especially when the curve works so well!!
    09-01-09 01:56 PM
    No offense to anyone but to me the Tour doesn't look as nice as the Curve. I'm sure there'll be a sweet new version by the time I can upgrade. Or I may just stick to old faithful.
    09-01-09 02:08 PM
    there would have to be some super amazing blackberry out when my contract is up for me to switch away from my curve, if anything id just get a new color lol
    09-01-09 03:03 PM
    It's a classic in my book, thought I do regret upgrading the OS. Best phone I've ever owned hands down.

My Storm is coming, but I will be keeping my Curve close by.
    09-01-09 05:11 PM
    Yeah my curve is rock solid... no complaints here
    09-01-09 05:13 PM
    Yeah, I gotta admit, sometimes I miss things about my Curve. It is however getting a little bit cliche at this point. I like to be different
    09-01-09 05:16 PM
    I am, admittedly, a fan of "the next thing". I like knowing that I strive, personally and technically, for the best.

Having said that, there is great comfort -- like my children's security blanket or my big toe -- in knowing that I have a trusted, reliable tool in my hand for when things are stressful and important.

The Curve is it.

Thanks, RIM, for a device that has, and continues to be, a trusted technical partner.
    09-01-09 09:50 PM
    After having the Curve for only a month, I can say for certain that it is definitely the best phone I have ever had.
    09-01-09 10:40 PM
    After having the Curve for only a month, I can say for certain that it is definitely the best phone I have ever had.
    Gotta agree with that
    09-01-09 10:45 PM
    I've had 2 8330's over the past 10 months and I can honestly say, it's the best phone I've ever had! I would probably still have the first one but I dropped it off of a boat while I was fishing in January or February. Needless to say the Bass and Crappies have a cool phone to play with about 30 ft down, lol. As soon as USCC gets the Tour, I'm going to get it but I'll keep my Curve close.
    09-02-09 01:30 AM
    I just think that the curve 83xx series will be that model that we'll always see around, and in use even as newer models continue to come out. It's a BB classic I think.
    09-02-09 08:06 AM
    I've used the curve (8300 and 8310) for two years now. I tried the Iphone, big mistake and I have also tried the HTC Tilt, yet another mistake. The 8300 series phone will go down in history as a classic no doubt. I love my 8310.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:03 AM
    I must agree I have used nokia for years but my 8320 knock them out the water only had it a few monthes but just can't fault it or stop messing with it

09-02-09 10:31 AM
    I'm so glad I started my addiction with this phone a little over a month ago and didn't start with the Tour. I may be switching over when my premier year-upgrade hits, but until then, I have a totally reliable and awesome phone and have no qualms whatsoever with waiting.

The Curve is tried and true and while I would be absolutely thrilled if 5.0 came to the 8330, it won't be the end of my world as I know it if it doesn't.
    09-02-09 11:26 PM
    Yeah I agree with this post. I sometimes miss my old 8320, the sturdiness of it made me feel safe to carry it naked. I love that phone. I love my 8900 too..
    09-03-09 12:02 AM
    I have the 8330 and I will say as a smart phone, it does just about anything you ask of it. But, being the nerd I am I also wish it was more responsive sometimes. I have used other bb's and have seen marked improvement in speed and multitasking ability though for the price, you can't get anything remotely as nice. Maybe its just me but I never saw a busy signal on a mobile device before this phone.

09-03-09 12:03 AM
    I'm a BB newbie ... I moved from the Samsung Instinct to the Curve 8330 on Tuesday (9/1). I am already 100% hooked. (Now if I can just figure out how to get my work e-mail via OWA without using BIS ... I have it on Opera Mini now but it's hard to read.)
    09-03-09 12:33 PM
    My wife and I have been using our 8300s for over 2 years, and we are ready for upgrades! These phones are rock solid, but are aging gracefully. I want 3G, GPS, WiFi, better screen, etc. Other than the trackball switches going dead from extensive use over 2 years, these phones have been nothing short of amazing.
    09-03-09 12:40 PM
    Got my 8330 about 6 months ago, my first week I was very unsure if I wanted it. As time went on and I learned how to use it and now you would have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand.

09-03-09 01:15 PM
    I love my 8330, its just so reliable. Just the other day I had to find a drug testing lab for employment and the site that the employer provided didnt help me find a lab. With my trusty BB I just used live search and found one about 6 miles from me. Its a real life saver for work, play and everything inbetween.
    09-03-09 02:01 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD