Got this 8350i for work and just want to synchronize my outlook calendar on my laptop with it and it won't even be seen by the Desktop Manager software.
    Also won't charge, the phone shows it charging for about 10 seconds and stops.

Will not show the PIN on DM and I can't even access it as mass storage mode

i could really use some help!
    tried searching the threads but didnt find much

thanks in advance
    05-20-10 01:48 PM
    are you using the OEM cable? May try a different cable to see if that works.
    05-20-10 02:10 PM
    I have had this same problem with both of my chargers and usb cable. The problem is the usb port on your phone. I did some pinching down on my charger and now it works but its not a permanent fix. Try jiggling the cable around a few time to get it to charge. I think the only to solutions is to have the port replaced (I think about 60 dollars) or you can try a charging dock. I have heard these work and will correct the charging problem. Also I'm told that the dock has a usb output so you can still hook up to your pc. I don't have a dock I just got this info second hand. Like I said before pinching down on my charger fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps. Let me know how it works out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 02:27 PM
    Your problem is probably the charge port on your phone needs replacement like the previous user said. We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $38.95. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to pm me with any questions at all.
    06-10-10 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD