New 8350i, and, other than a few glitches, I really like the phone. First major glitch - even though the manual says that voice dialing will work with a bluetooth headset, my Jabra (newest generation) headset can't access the voice dialing. The headset works great with both the phone and DC, but when I try to voice dial, the BB screen shows "Say a command", but NOTHING in my ear. Tech support can't find an answer (other than to say that voice dialing/bluetooth is not upported on this particular model) and suggested I ask you guys if there is a 3rd-party fix available for this glitch.
    Secondly - Every once in a while, when I access the camera function, a message appears that the phone is "Unable to allocate memory; close other applications and try again". WTF?? I wasn't even aware that I had other applications open! Only fix I've found so far is to remove and then re-install the battery - a slow process. Any suggestions?
    01-02-09 11:40 AM
    I have a newer Plantronics 650E That has the same problem with the voice dialing. Are we doing something wrong?
    01-03-09 10:05 AM
    I have Jabra BT3030 and have the same issue.
    as far as seeing other apps that are running in background, hold down the alt key and press the backspace key. Once the apps windows opens keep holding the alt key and scroll to see what is running. You need to stop on an app you want close and manually close it.
    01-03-09 11:04 AM
    New 8350i, and, other than a few glitches, I really like the phone. First major glitch - even though the manual says that voice dialing will work with a bluetooth headset, my Jabra (newest generation) headset can't access the voice dialing. The headset works great with both the phone and DC, but when I try to voice dial, the BB screen shows "Say a command", but NOTHING in my ear. Tech support can't find an answer (other than to say that voice dialing/bluetooth is not upported on this particular model) and suggested I ask you guys if there is a 3rd-party fix available for this glitch.
    Secondly - Every once in a while, when I access the camera function, a message appears that the phone is "Unable to allocate memory; close other applications and try again". WTF?? I wasn't even aware that I had other applications open! Only fix I've found so far is to remove and then re-install the battery - a slow process. Any suggestions?
    Have you figured out the texting on your BB yet? I have not tried the voice program . Maybe I will try today . Other then that I am enjoying the phone .
    01-04-09 09:40 AM
    I just got the same 8350i and having the exact same two issues above!

Not a show stopper, but should be functional.

Glenn
    01-10-09 08:23 PM
    Which page in the manual deals with voice dialing I have a Jabra 250v I want to see if I can get it to work.

- Side note does your phone ring when the bluetooth is connected?
    I am hearing from people that say there's do while others say they don't.
    01-10-09 09:38 PM
    i have a jawboneII and same issue. this phone is in desperate need of an update that will handle all of these issues. lets start emailing who needs to be emailed in order to fix these problems. I have spoken to nextel / sprint and plazmic about themes!
    01-11-09 12:23 AM
    The bluetooth is a known issue to Nextel. When I called, they said that are working on it.
    01-11-09 05:32 PM
    well i heard now that there will be a software update for it soon...
    just how soon is the question! i heard it from a sales rep in the bronx..
    same store i bought my phone different person though...
    he really only mentioned the text messaging issue and said he didnt know much else.. i send bug reports constantly!
    Still no word on themes though! thats my main concern,
    i can make all the other stuff seem small with a wicked *** theme...
    01-11-09 06:41 PM
    I have an older Jabra 250 and SOMETIMES the voice dial works but only by speaking the command into the phone directly. Then, when it connects, the call is thru the bluetooth. What I've done in the car (since the dial is too small to see while driving) is plug in a wired ear piece. I can voice dial thru that, then speak thru the bluetooth and move away from the phone if I want for the conversation. This also lets you use the phone with TWO people! The bluetooth works during the call along with the wired. So my passenger and I can both be on the same call...like it were an extension. Weird, somewhat fun, but mostly it's all a pain to not be able to bluetooth voice dial ALL the time.
    01-19-09 11:18 PM
    I use an Motorola HS850 Bluetooth earpiece. Works w/ no problem, and I haven't had any problem with my Bluetooth, either.

The problem comes if I try to use the Nuance voice dialing program that came with the 8350i. If the earpiece is connected to the phone, Nuance gets hung on "Initializing," and the ONLY way to escape from the screen is the hit the redial/voicedial button on the earpiece again. So in my case, voice dialing only works if I use it with the regular handset or the included hands-free wire-based earpiece.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ssands; 01-23-09 at 05:44 PM. Reason: typo
    01-23-09 05:43 PM
    it might just be jarbas because i have one too and am experiencing the same problem
    01-23-09 11:24 PM
    i have a plantronics voyager and the new Discovery and they both do not do voice dialing.
    01-31-09 10:27 PM
    I'm using a Motorola H500 and upgraded my OS to .112 and can now do voice dialing from my headset. Couldn't do it with .83
    02-01-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD