My phone was working and just quit. My wifes 8350i connects by USB fine, but mine does not. I did all the resets and a wipe of the phone. Nothing is working to get the USB to work. Is the phone junk? With out the USB I can not load any service books for boost.
    05-06-10 07:35 PM
    yep, your screwed.
    05-06-10 07:51 PM
    Try another PC and or cable.
    05-06-10 08:06 PM
    If the phone charges with the wall charger but does not connect to the PC then you have a bad USB cable or trouble with the PC. If it won't charge either then you are looking at a bad USB port. $60 or so at most cell phone repair places for part and labor to replace the USB port.
    05-06-10 08:43 PM
    Turn of events. If i wiggle the USB cable it works. My wifes phone is fine with the cable, mine I have to wiggle. I would never have thought it would be that simple. USB replacement in the future.
    05-07-10 05:40 AM
    I think you can take the three letters U_S_B out of your title and same holds true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 10:43 AM
    It also works as a paper weight, target, skipping rock if near water, head ache if at a desk, and one of those stress squeeze releases

05-07-10 07:34 PM
    You may have the start of the USB port separating from the circuit board. I had this happen with my first 8350i and then it went inside after falling off the board. I had a repair center but they now claim they dont resolder the ports. I suggest you be careful pluggig and unplugging until you get it to a repair facility if your not, you will then be hosed.hope this helps a littl...

Geech
    05-10-10 09:31 PM
    You may have the start of the USB port separating from the circuit board. I had this happen with my first 8350i and then it went inside after falling off the board. I had a repair center but they now claim they dont resolder the ports. I suggest you be careful pluggig and unplugging until you get it to a repair facility if your not, you will then be hosed.hope this helps a littl...

Geech
    Sounds like what is going on. I have a dock on the way for it so I will only have to use my port minimal. Should work to keep it going. Thanks.
    05-12-10 08:42 AM
    Well Darn. I received my dock and it will not charge using it. My wifes phone charges fine in the using the dock. I guess I will be checking into the cell phone doctor listed in another thread.
    05-12-10 06:59 PM
    Hey buddy i had EXACTLY the same problem with my 8350i after rough usage of more than 1 year and the solution was simple and easy! Replace the usb port, this is exactly what i did:

- Bought the usb port at ebay for $1.99 free shipping!!!

(here is a link for ebay usb part: shop.ebay. com/i.html?_nkw=USB+Port+8350i&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_dmpt= PDA_Accessories&_odkw=mini+USB+Port+8350i&_osacat= 0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313]USB Port 8350i, Cell Phones PDAs, Specialty Services. Great deals on eBay!

- Took it apart and remove the old usb port and replace it with the new one. this process is kinda tricky but if you have enough patience and willingness to do it you will succeed! (if you dont wanna do this process or just dont wanna take your chances just take it to an electronic place or to those little shops that say "we fix cellphones" they will charge you about 10 to 15 dollars to replace it, if you take it to a sprint or nextel place they will definitely charge you over 60 dollars to replace it even tho you bring the new port! they will say that its not compatible and blah blah...)

-And thats it! you have a brand new usb port and a smile on your face!

***A tip for you will be, DO NOT plug your charger or anything else to the new port for maybe 1 full day!! this is just a tip i waited until next day to plug it to the charger, and worked like new!.***

If anybody can shoot a video on how to replace the port please do so!!! it will help alot of people!!!!

Hope this helps scaldwellk!
    05-24-10 10:54 PM
    Call me crazy, but if it won't charge using the dock, then it's likely not the USB port. Try swapping batteries with your wife and see what that does. If it works, keep hers!

05-25-10 05:56 AM
    Call me crazy, but if it won't charge using the dock, then it's likely not the USB port. Try swapping batteries with your wife and see what that does. If it works, keep hers!

Hmmm ... I wonder if the USB is "inline" with the charging points on the back of the phone. Thinking that if one of the contacts @ the port is broken/separated (@ the circuit board )it is interrupting the charging port from doing its job ? Just an idle thought with too much blood in my caffeine system....

05-26-10 09:30 AM
    Looks like I have a few things try out once I get my parts.
    06-01-10 04:11 PM
    Well I jumped ship. I just said the heck with it and got one of the 8330 BB from Boost. So far so good. Will put the 8350i on ebay maybe.
    06-09-10 10:11 AM
    I broke a piece of the plastic inside the port from fooling with it so much. It was a hassle to get it to charge every night. Now that I broke the plastic piece it works like a champ! Lol..I wouldn't suggest trying this.
    Breaking my phone is the best dumb thing I have ever done

06-09-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD