Has anyone found a viable solution to fixing the problem where the radio toggles back from on to off in about 3 seconds in the manage connections screen? I'm up for anything at this point, besides taking it back to the provider.

Thanks in advance for your input, really appreciate it.
    Last edited by syllableslayer; 12-12-09 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Do not want to take it back to nextel.
    12-12-09 10:39 AM
    Can you explain further? You mean when you open manage connections you see the Mobile Network going from ON to OFF??

What OS are you running? Have you updated to the recent 313? If not I recommend it, I'm on Boost and my phone runs perfect! The text messaging is 1000% better. No more long downloads, texts send/receive instantly.
    12-12-09 10:49 AM
    I mean, the phone is permanently set to OFF radio, and when i try switching from off to on, it toggles back off. Yes, i am running version 4.6.1.313. Any suggestions as to what can be done?
    12-12-09 11:29 AM
    Go back to 204 and see if you have the same issue. Use DM to go back to 204.
    12-12-09 11:41 AM
    Tried your advice, now getting 507. How do i go about fixing this? Thanks.
    12-12-09 12:17 PM
    reinstall the OS.....

the phone may not be reading the sim card

or

you did not register properly with boost.
    12-12-09 12:39 PM
    Honestly, right now im lucky to see the Tx tower symbol, it was there before the boost sim card ever was, but now it just wants to remain in the off position. As of this moment, im trying to recover the device, but apparently the wipe software is not compatible with windows 7.
    12-12-09 12:56 PM
    Between Ibb's advice and my haphazard luck, i managed to load 204 into the phone, but regardless of what i do, sim card or not, i cant even get the SOS mode working. Any ideas? Thanks again
    12-12-09 01:13 PM
    try cleaning the contacts on the sim card and make sure it is fully installed. beyond that it may have a bad radio.
    12-12-09 03:22 PM
    to test your radio.... and other things......

menu
    options
    status
    type "test" without the ""
    12-12-09 04:42 PM
    Seemed helpful, but RF antenna test could not be performed if the mobile network check in network connections could not be turned on. Sorry for the noob question, but is the internal radio a replaceable/fixable component?
    12-12-09 06:18 PM
    If you have had it less than a year you should be able to have it fixed under manufacture warranty.
    12-12-09 09:33 PM
    kinda the same problem i think my radio crapped out on me, i tried what you said and the phone insert valid sim card but my sim works in my old phone
    01-10-10 02:46 PM
    I have a few customers every month with the same problem, this problem and the charging port...ohhh m!!! it is a good phone but this two issues breaks it.
    the radio problem seems to be a defect on the duplex system or tx only, once I tried to solder it and it work for a few more days and came back with the same problem. its awful.
    03-11-10 07:23 PM
    i got the same problem i can be connected to the network and the phone can be working fine and then all of a sudden the radio turns off and doesnt wanna *** back on it like my sim card is not even in it and then it comes back on and off whenever it wants to
    03-13-10 05:19 PM
    I have this same problem but my phone is a brand new 8350 never turned on , I was thinking the imei was blocked , will unlocking phone fix this ?
    07-04-10 12:00 PM
    On my case i bough a phone (8350i) and a few days after, this thing happen to me too (radio off), but on my case i bough the phone used and the person who sale it to me he reported like stolen and my phone get locked by bb... any advice???
    07-04-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD