please say no. i love my dc,but can let it go for better speeds.
    09-14-09 12:27 AM
    if your running boost that mean your ob the slow iden network..... so you answer would be yes, and nextel BB with the correct SB would work, but you would still be slow
    09-14-09 03:55 AM
    any other BB's out there that can go prepaid? i love my 8350boostberry but maaan,3G speeds is awesome lol. are there any known prepaid services that offer 3G?

basically i still wanna stick to prepaid,but i want better speeds. any ideas? willing to leave boost for better
    09-14-09 07:10 AM
    i know cingular had one, dont know if it when to att.... BUT you cannot use a CDMA or a GSM on the IDEN network, so yes the 8350 is the only boost berry...... but you can use the older blackberries that NEXTEL had with the correct service books
    09-14-09 09:08 AM
    i know cingular had one, dont know if it when to att.... BUT you cannot use a CDMA or a GSM on the IDEN network, so yes the 8350 is the only boost berry...... but you can use the older blackberries that NEXTEL had with the correct service books
    I know this thread is for the 8350 IDEN, but a number of people have been able to get the Blackberry 8830 and 8330 on Boost Mobile CDMA. It is not easy to do, but apparently it can be done.
    09-14-09 10:00 AM
    does boost offer any other services other then on the IDEN network??? if they offer prepaid CDMA or GSM then it should work, if not i dont think so.... just like using a GSM phone on a CDMA (or vice versa) it just does not work.

you can however use a GSM phone on a different GSM carrier, same goes for CDMA. that is why you can use Nextels 8350i on Boost.... same network.

you can mix any of these carriers (i believe) on a CDMA network

Alltel, Cellcom, Cellular South, Cricket Communications (from Leap Wireless), MetroPCS, nTelos, Sprint PCS, U.S. Cellular, Alaska Communications Systems and Verizon Wireless

you can mix any of these carriers (i believe) on a GSM network

List of GSM carriers in the United States
    09-14-09 11:08 AM
    You can make the jump to metro mobile but know that their bb offering is $400+ and their plan is more than $50 a month. That and you will have to make sure they have sufficent coverage in your area. I for one would suck it up and stick w/ boost, but that's just me as I have been a customer of theirs for close to 10 years and have grown use to the slow data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 11:13 AM
    does boost offer any other services other then on the IDEN network??? if they offer prepaid CDMA or GSM then it should work, if not i dont think so.... just like using a GSM phone on a CDMA (or vice versa) it just does not work.

you can however use a GSM phone on a different GSM carrier, same goes for CDMA. that is why you can use Nextels 8350i on Boost.... same network.

you can mix any of these carriers (i believe) on a CDMA network

Alltel, Cellcom, Cellular South, Cricket Communications (from Leap Wireless), MetroPCS, nTelos, Sprint PCS, U.S. Cellular, Alaska Communications Systems and Verizon Wireless

you can mix any of these carriers (i believe) on a GSM network

List of GSM carriers in the United States

Boost Mobile has an unlimited talk, data, and text CDMA network for $50.00. Many have been able to get Sprint CDMA smartphones on the network. They only work off Sprint towers, no roaming. Some Blackberries work, but not all of the features. In particular BB Messenger, and Push Mail, but there is a work around for Push Mail.
    09-14-09 01:04 PM
    Unlimited By Boost (UNLTD) – a trial service that is regionally available in 13 states operating on Sprint’s CDMA network.
    from wiki.... so i would not consider it a CDMA network. not everyone has access to it.
    09-14-09 01:09 PM
    from wiki.... so i would not consider it a CDMA network. not everyone has access to it.
    You are right about the 13 states, but I live in NY and I have a smartphone on it, and can use it wherever the Sprint footprint is.
    09-14-09 03:07 PM
    its not here in fla..... according to boost
    09-14-09 03:20 PM
    its not here in fla..... according to boost
    According to this, Boost Mobile - About Boost - News Releases, it is in Florida.
    09-14-09 04:01 PM
    ok i stand corrected, but then you would have to start asking for the service books from the other berry crowd..... look how many of us were willing to just give them up!!!

ohhh and BTW asking for SB publicly is a NO NO
    09-14-09 04:13 PM
    ok i stand corrected, but then you would have to start asking for the service books from the other berry crowd..... look how many of us were willing to just give them up!!!

ohhh and BTW asking for SB publicly is a NO NO
    I know. The IDEN members are fantastic.
    09-14-09 04:23 PM
    i live in south florida and i got my boost from florida for a while now
    09-15-09 02:13 PM
    Hitack,you got an 8350 on boost right? i love my phone except for a few minor issues,that at times can get hectic. i just wish it was faster. anyway,im most likely staying,i just wanted to know what else was out there.

what do you have on your phone?
    09-16-09 12:41 PM
    Hitack,you got an 8350 on boost right? i love my phone except for a few minor issues,that at times can get hectic. i just wish it was faster. anyway,im most likely staying,i just wanted to know what else was out there.

what do you have on your phone?
    I like the phone a lot, except for speed. I have BBFileScout, BBGPSGolf, BBWeather, BBLight, BBMaps, Bolt, Opera Mini, Evernote, Facebook, Funambol, FlyCast, Gmail, Google Voice, Vlingo, Viigo, Nav4All, and ......more.
    09-16-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD