I will say the GPS stinks. I can't get a signal on or off Wifi. There's gotta be a solution. As for everthing else, works like a charm!!!
    You do realize GPS is not an internet or network function right?
    There is a little chip receiver in your handset that needs to be able to get signals from satellites orbiting the earth. If you're inside, or downtown, where you have a poor view of the open sky, it will perform poorly if at all.
    Also, it's not 'triangulating'.. so when you turn it on it takes a few mins to align itself.
    My gps is working GREAT in my 8350i. But I understand it's limits.
    01-10-09 07:27 AM
    You do realize GPS is not an internet or network function right?
    There is a little chip receiver in your handset that needs to be able to get signals from satellites orbiting the earth. If you're inside, or downtown, where you have a poor view of the open sky, it will perform poorly if at all.
    Also, it's not 'triangulating'.. so when you turn it on it takes a few mins to align itself.
    My gps is working GREAT in my 8350i. But I understand it's limits.
    Right, this GPS chipset IS in the phone, however, the maps are not. The TeleNav north america maps consume around 600MB on dedicated mobile GPS devices like TOMTOM and so forth. (Add Canada, and it's almost a Gig.) When u turn the phone gps on, all the phone does is turn on the chipset and gps antenna and determines longitude and latitude. It needs the network connection to send that data to where ever and get back a map or route. Once the route is uploaded, it runs without the data until it needs to change again.

Shoot, if they gave away the maps, they wouldn't be able to charge for it.
    01-10-09 09:05 AM
    If you are having MMS and SMS messaging issue doing a master reset, it worked for me.

Options/Security Options/General Settings then hit the BB button and choose master reset.
    01-12-09 02:31 AM

6) Wall paper......enough said! [Since there is not any!]
    really you cant get wallpaper for this phone at all???? im a newbie wanting to get this phone! can anyone please tell me about the wall paper issue???? thanx
    08-19-09 08:13 PM
    this thread is soooo old.... there are wall papers, heck we even have themes... check out the link in my sig
    08-19-09 09:06 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD