Hi All,
    I am new to Blackberry, Boost, etc. I have a brand new 8350i that i had converted to a Boostberry by Boostberry.com. All the apps on the phone work as they should except that i can't text. I am being told that the reason for this is because the IMEI number on my phone is bad, or cannot be released from Nextel so Boost can take it. Has anyone ever encountered such a problem or can someone tell me if there is a solution for this, since one of the main reasons i got the phone was for texting. thanks for any help you all can offer!!!
    07-10-09 02:53 PM
    Well hey there, yeah you could possibly have an issue with youre IMEI number or else it could be either sim card or network related. I've ran into this problem quite a bit. I could probably help you out and get you pointed in the right direction as I work part time in a Allstar Wireless store here in Grand Rapids, MI and we deal with a lot of boost/nextel issues. If you would like I could check on a couple ways we've dealt with this for you and see if I can figure out a solution. I'd need your IMEI number from the inside of the phone and if that isn't the problem I could check a couple of the network settings youre on and see how your'e standing from there. It usually ends up in network settings but I'll check everything out to make sure. You can reply in email to bentley1969 at live.com rather than posting anything back on here to be safe about it.
    07-14-09 01:34 PM
    Hi All,
    I am new to Blackberry, Boost, etc. I have a brand new 8350i that i had converted to a Boostberry by Boostberry.com. All the apps on the phone work as they should except that i can't text. I am being told that the reason for this is because the IMEI number on my phone is bad, or cannot be released from Nextel so Boost can take it. Has anyone ever encountered such a problem or can someone tell me if there is a solution for this, since one of the main reasons i got the phone was for texting. thanks for any help you all can offer!!!
    Can you text when using a boost phone? I am asking you because I had that same problem.
    I put my sim card back on a boost phone and the text did not work either, so I called boost they asked me for the IMEI number, I gave them an i776 IMEI number of an old phone I have, they fixed my text problem on the i776 and when I put my sim card back on my 8350i phone it worked and so far so good still.
    07-14-09 02:07 PM
    I have been having the same problem with my phone for about a month now, I can send text messages but I can't receive them. If you find how to fix this let me know please.
    07-14-09 08:36 PM
    I have been having the same problem with my phone for about a month now, I can send text messages but I can't receive them. If you find how to fix this let me know please.
    If you put your sim card in a boost phone can you receive text messages? If you don't call boost tech support they will make it work, once is fixed then you put back your sim card in your 8350i phone. That's how I fixed that very same problem.
    07-14-09 09:33 PM
    Hi im new to blackberr/boost, and when i converted my phone everything worked perfectly, but now i cant make any calls. i can recieve calls and text and send texts, but i just cant make any phone calls, itl say "the number u reached in incorrect" and the person im calling doesnt even geta ring from me. I don't know how to fix this
    07-16-09 05:03 PM
    email me at bentley1969 at live.com I'll help you out with all of those issues
    07-19-09 06:40 PM
    i got that same problem can any one help me
    07-19-09 10:54 PM
    Hi im new to blackberr/boost, and when i converted my phone everything worked perfectly, but now i cant make any calls. i can recieve calls and text and send texts, but i just cant make any phone calls, itl say "the number u reached in incorrect" and the person im calling doesnt even geta ring from me. I don't know how to fix this
    Have you done this?>>>

Green button
    Manu
    options
    Smart dialing
    change country code to "unknown" by hitting the "u".
    07-20-09 12:51 AM
    Hi All,
    Hi

Go to my account under boostmobile and select update handset;check the model number (right under IMEI) and do a search on the phone model it has on file. I had i730 which came out in 2004( I suspect this was the reason why I couldn't receive my texts). I called the person who set it up for me asked them for a new IMEI number (now it's the i880, which came out in 2006) and now I can send and receive text messages.

Good Luck!
    07-20-09 12:25 PM
    boost won't accept my imei #

i can't register my imei# with boost either 8350i
    Last edited by justlovejoy; 07-30-09 at 12:38 PM. Reason: post was deleted i restored and merged!
    07-28-09 08:30 PM
    Make sure you are deleting the two 00's it has in the imei slot on the boost site.

the 8350i starts with 01

Btw my imei went in perfect first try.
    07-30-09 11:05 AM
    I Have a Blackberry Curve 8350i But I am a boost mobile customer when I first inserted my SIM my mms was working fine now I Can not Text Or Recieve them niether... I Tryed fixing the IMEI number on boostmobile.com And Nothing... I Switched it to my old phone i776 n text message work fine... Does any one have any ideas... PLZ HELP!!!
    07-31-09 02:09 PM
    My texting issue is probably the weirdest. Some come in, some don't. My imei still says I have my old 7520, won't update to the 8350i online, I think it hasn't been released from Nextel yet. I tried the forward to email fix, even weirder. Some come to the email and the phone, some just to the phone or just to the email, and again some none at all. Its so unpredictable I have no idea what it is. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 05:38 PM
    boost won't accept my 8350i imei #

i can't register my imei# with boost either i guess i will have to switch companies & sell this phone. it's a damn shame the games these companies play
    07-31-09 06:14 PM
    Well depending on where you get your phone from will judge the integrity of your phone coming with no issues in this area!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 06:41 PM
    boost won't accept my 8350i imei #

i can't register my imei# with boost either i guess i will have to switch companies & sell this phone. it's a damn shame the games these companies play
    I would call Boost CS and give it a shot. I know of some people that have not been able to register online but did it with a phone call. That phone you have may be blacklisted and you need to find out why. It simply could be that the previous owner never removed it from their account.
    07-31-09 06:52 PM
    Make sure you are deleting the two 00's it has in the imei slot on the boost site.

the 8350i starts with 01

Btw my imei went in perfect first try.
    it doesn't work for everyone
    08-01-09 03:12 PM
    I would call Boost CS and give it a shot. I know of some people that have not been able to register online but did it with a phone call. That phone you have may be blacklisted and you need to find out why. It simply could be that the previous owner never removed it from their account.
    tried that several times to! as soon as they enter the number it comes up as a blackberry and i get the we don't support bb line
    08-01-09 03:14 PM
    tried that several times to! as soon as they enter the number it comes up as a blackberry and i get the we don't support bb line
    boosts website is a little quirky when it come to handset switching.... took me 8 tries but i fainally went through also try different times of the day when you are succesful you will see this... Model : RIMBBCURVE 8350I KITTED TRANS
    then you know its done.....as far as boost not supporting our unit...the model number is a cut and past from the boost website!
    Last edited by c_jams; 08-01-09 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typos!
    08-01-09 06:53 PM
    Hi

Go to my account under boostmobile and select update handset;check the model number (right under IMEI) and do a search on the phone model it has on file. I had i730 which came out in 2004( I suspect this was the reason why I couldn't receive my texts). I called the person who set it up for me asked them for a new IMEI number (now it's the i880, which came out in 2006) and now I can send and receive text messages.

Good Luck!
    don't work
    08-02-09 02:12 PM
    this is a brand new phone and that don't work either
    08-02-09 02:13 PM
    boosts website is a little quirky when it come to handset switching.... took me 8 tries but i fainally went through also try different times of the day when you are succesful you will see this... Model : RIMBBCURVE 8350I KITTED TRANS
    then you know its done.....as far as boost not supporting our unit...the model number is a cut and past from the boost website!
    I got mine on the first try, and that is exactly how it looks on my account.
    08-03-09 10:16 AM
    Ok, so what if your imei is not accepted b/c of Nextel, then what? seriously, I've been trying to figure this out for over a week, I can't text at all consistently and I'm about ready to give up. Anyone work for boost and have some answers?
    08-03-09 05:27 PM
    i spoke to a csa and acted my color with her boss and they registered it with no more problems. it's a damn shame what you have to do sometimes to get good customer service! everything is working exect for hotmail alerts i think hotmail is having problems.

any one know of a good GPS apps that talk turn for turn? nav4all sucks like a hoovervac! google maps is nice but no voice i don't want to die fumbling with the hone while driving lol.

if anybody is looking for a phone i have a use 8350i for $200 if not used my i recommend BOOSTBERRY.COM
    08-10-09 04:26 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD