My 8330 will not sync 63 new contacts to my device. I get the message 0x80040fb3. Tasks, calendar & memos sync fine. During the sync at processing the device, it stops at 1218 of 1281 and give the above error message. Verizon support had me download new software, remove all symbols that aren't numbers or letters and wipe the device clean. I've spent hours on the phone with Verizon and they finally sent me to my store. They said to go to CrackBerry. Hope someone has a solution. I'm way over my head and about worn out. Device software is v4.5.0.150 and Desktop software is v5.0
    07-23-09 01:53 PM
    I am running older os...with dm 4.5.....
    Could it be that you are running that specific version of the os, or that it didn't install correctly?
    I would try and go back to the default os version and see if that makes a difference.
    the other thing to try first is make a sub catagory in outlook.
    so you would have contacts/good and put all your synced contacts in there so they don't get messed with.

then have only the contacts you are having trouble with left in the default contacts folder. see if it will then sync just those contacts or if you still get the same error.
    also, there is a freeware program out there called Anti-dupe that removes duplicate info in contacts, etc.
    07-23-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD