Good Morning.

I have an 8330 - Verizon. The issue I am having is after a few days, the ringers stop actually sounding (ringing) - the phone's display lights up when a call comes in, but the ringtones themselves do not function until I pull the battery. The tones are custom tones that are stored on the media card (2GB sandisk standard card). Once the battery is pulled, they function properly for a while, but the problem is, this is my wife's phone and she never remembers to pull the battery and thus - there will be a period of time where she doesn't answer her phone because she doesn't hear it.

The phone has the latest Manufacturer operating system on it - nothing beta or new. This is the third phone we have had, thinking it must have been bad equipment, but since this is happening on each phone, there must be something I need to do or not do. Should I move all her ringtones off the card and into main memory? Is there a specific media card that is recommended (the one in there is one I had for a while and used in her phone)?

Any help from you experts would be greatly appreciated. THe only email she is syncing is a Yahoo Plus account - which also gets messed up before the battery is pulled. Once the battery is pulled, everything works just fine. I am trying to dumb this down for her so she doesn't have to remember to pull the battery all the time - again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
    08-08-09 08:06 AM
    Try a couple of different things here.

1. A different tone.
    2. What theme is running? Try a different one.
    08-08-09 08:08 AM
    go to the profiles and make sure that its not set to "off" try loud and call her sell phone and see if that works, as for the battery pull, sounds like you should download quickpull, its an app that restarts the phone so you dont have to do a battery pull, and you can have it set to do that in the middle of the night.
    08-08-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD