Hello Everyone,

I used to have t-mobile and I had a 8320 and I loved it! But then I switched to Verizon because the service is so much better. But I got a Motorola Q... Dumb idea on my part.. So now I am trying to choose between the 8330 and the Storm. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alex
    11-15-08 04:14 AM
    It's rumored that the Storm will be out within 2 weeks. If you're able to wait, you will be able to go a vzw store to see if you like it. I've gotten used to the keyboard and scroll wheel on my curve. I won't know if I would like the Storm myself without a hands on test. I'm curious as to how selecting text with small font will be using the copy-paste feature using your fingers, in comparison to wheel mouse. Also trying to click on a link when the font is set to a smaller size is something I want to test as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 06:03 AM
    It's rumored that the Storm will be out within 2 weeks. If you're able to wait, you will be able to go a vzw store to see if you like it. I've gotten used to the keyboard and scroll wheel on my curve. I won't know if I would like the Storm myself without a hands on test. I'm curious as to how selecting text with small font will be using the copy-paste feature using your fingers, in comparison to wheel mouse. Also trying to click on a link when the font is set to a smaller size is something I want to test as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I'm also wondering how copy and paste will work. Hopefully it will have some zoom feature.
    11-15-08 08:13 AM
    Go down to store and try one on. I believe the clickable touchscreen really is something even people familar with touchscreens are going to have to try and find if they like it or not.
    If you're moving from a keypad-based BB or phone, it's a similar question: do I like the clicky-touchscreen better OR should I stick with a physical keypad such as the Bold or Curve 8900?

No doubt in my mind the Storm is faster, more feature-laiden than the 8300 series Curves, but if it's right for YOU?
    That's a decision only you can make. Run out and play with one for awhile.
    11-15-08 08:23 AM
    I'm sticking with my 8330. The Storm looks like it's better for videos, etc., but my 8330 is good enough for that stuff for me. For what I use my BB for (mostly) I'd rather stick with what's working, and has a keyboard and a "mouse".
    11-15-08 09:52 AM
    Storm's out on Friday, guys. $249 with a $50 mail in rebate with a 2 year commitment. If you need a good web browser and multimedia capabilities (and you don't mind the touchscreen), you want the Storm. If you want it primarily for e-mail and messages, or you want a qwerty keyboard, you'll prefer the Curve. The Storm is a great phone and it's the "new thing", but it won't replace the 8330.
    11-15-08 10:27 AM
    I agree with previous posts, that you should test a real Storm and a Curve in hand and see which device works best for your needs.

Yes, it is nice to have the lastest and greatest, but it depends on what you use your phone for. Different strokes for different folks really does apply, as this is why so many different models are produced.

Good Luck in your choice.
    11-15-08 10:37 AM
    I will have to try it out for sure. I had a LG Dare for awhile and I could type ok on the keyboard but if I started typing to fast I would have to wait for the message to finish because it would lag. Also it would sometimes light up the letter I wanted but not type it. So I am curious to see how the touchscreen keyboard on the blackberry will work. Thanks for all your input!
    11-15-08 11:50 AM
    Storm's out on Friday, guys. $249 with a $50 mail in rebate with a 2 year commitment. If you need a good web browser and multimedia capabilities (and you don't mind the touchscreen), you want the Storm. If you want it primarily for e-mail and messages, or you want a qwerty keyboard, you'll prefer the Curve. The Storm is a great phone and it's the "new thing", but it won't replace the 8330.

reagarding the storm not replacing the 8330, how is the 8330 comaperd to the 8990 ??(i am waiting for that one,for AT&T). since I am on AT&T so, not waiting for the storm, the 8900 caught my interest.as I am soon to be a BB newbie, so was curious about the 8330. have seen that model mentioned alot in these forums. don't think I will be disappointed if I cut my teeth on an 8900,was just curious about the 8330.

chappy
    11-15-08 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD