I got a new 8330 as a replacement last February, and I hae been through about 7 chargers since I got it. I took it to the store today, because my most recent charger stopped working, and the man gave my battery a test, and said that it was the problem. I get the new battery which worked fine until I brought it home and tried to charge it. I end up buying a new charger as well, but after 2 hours it did not move from the low battery bar. 6 hours later, and it is only half charged. I get the bar to go up by taking the battery out and resetting the phone, but honestly this is driving me crazy that my phone is only semi-charging. Does anybody have a clue whats up? I don't want to waste any more time and money dealing with the store.
    05-05-10 10:59 PM
    If you tried different batteries, different chargers, and different outlets, then that leaves the phone as being the source of the problem. May be time for another replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 11:31 PM
    Use a snug outlet. The chargers are pretty finicky when it comes to a good contact. Had to try 3 outlets in my house before it all worked right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 09:35 AM
    I have just recently ran into the same problem. I have put another battery in the the phone and it still has the same problem. So I believe it is the phone and not the battery. I have a month left before I can get an upgrade, so i'm sure VZW wont do anything for me without me having to come out of pocket. I have changed everything over to the wife's old Pearl 8130 for now, I do miss the full keyboard and size. Does anyone know if maybe reinstalling the OS will correct the issue????
    05-07-10 07:38 AM
    It could be the charging port in your phone. My old phone use to be that way, it would only charge when the phone is connected to the charger in a specific way. It would manually have to keep the cord bended in a certain way to keep the phone charging. Take it to the store and ask them to check if any of the pins in your charging port is bended or damaged.
    05-21-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD