I'm not sure what I've done as I'm sure it's me that has done it but I cannot get DM to open for me.

It starts to open then I get 1st get the message "please wait while Windows configures Blackberry 8330" then this message of "the Desktop Manager is currently running. Before proceeding, please close it. Select Cancel to abort installation." It may think that DM is running but it's not...the main menu never opens and it when I do hit OK or cancel on the 2nd message it does nothing. I have to use the Cntl-Alt-Delete to shut DM down.

've tried uninstalling the entire DM thru Control Panel but computer will not let me...I get an "Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Blackberry Desktop Software.msi".

How can I reload if I cannot uninstall? Should I try reinstalling over the top? I just did the upgrade from 4.5 to 4.6 for DM the other day and the .169 OS upgrade last week. I sudo computer savvy but I probably deleted some important file along the way when clearing the OS update off my C drive.

Hope someone can help...would like to do a backup and photo transfer!

Thanks!!!!!!!
    09-01-09 05:24 PM
    Just install over the top. In fact, I think when you run the installer it'll give you the option to do a Repair install, which means it'll look for what's missing and try to replace it. At least DM 5.0 has that option.
    09-01-09 05:31 PM
    Reboot your computer.
    09-01-09 05:36 PM
    Just install over the top. In fact, I think when you run the installer it'll give you the option to do a Repair install, which means it'll look for what's missing and try to replace it. At least DM 5.0 has that option.
    Tried that via Add/Remove Programs where it offers a choice to Repair...it tells me that "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable...click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Blackberry Desktop Software.msi' in the box below". So I must have deleted this .msi file along the way? Argh...I'm a stupid xxxx sometimes.

When you go to the BB site for DM updates, and click on the update software for 4.6 with media manager, should that install everything you need? Is there another download I should be doing as well?
    09-01-09 05:39 PM
    overwrite with the 5.0
    09-01-09 08:25 PM
    overwrite with the 5.0
    Thanks Larry for the suggestion...the only thing that cured my DM woes! I was a bit hesitant to go with the 5.0 as I've read that others have had issues with synching with this version but did a media transfer and backup after downloading and all went just peachy.

Thanks to you all for your help...crack on!
    09-02-09 08:05 AM
    im super glad I could help!!!!.......thats what CB is all about.......Im glad your here
    09-02-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD