yea what would the MAXIMUM free memory i could reach on my 8330... im at about 55mb with bare bones for apps, and maxmem ran... what else can i do
    08-17-09 12:33 PM
    yea what would the MAXIMUM free memory i could reach on my 8330... im at about 55mb with bare bones for apps, and maxmem ran... what else can i do
    better than what i got! haha ]':
    08-17-09 12:45 PM
    did you do any memory management?
    08-17-09 12:50 PM
    If you purchase a 16gb memory sd card, you will have incredible memory!
    You must make sure you download the current software for your phone! No freebees out there,yet!
    08-17-09 12:56 PM
    If you purchase a 16gb memory sd card, you will have incredible memory!
    You must make sure you download the current software for your phone! No freebees out there,yet!
    That has nothing to do with device memory, the media card is used to store ringtones, pics, music, etc. Applications must be executed in the device memory. So device memory and a media card are two completely different things...
    08-17-09 12:59 PM

I would suggest offloading all of the stock the crap you dont use from the applications list, then check out this tutorial (courtesy of Mr. Reed McLay).

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...3/index70.html
    08-17-09 01:10 PM
    55 Mb on a 96 Mb 8330 is very good.

Your there, everything else is part of the core system and may be used in unexpected ways.
    08-17-09 01:43 PM
    No, I haven't done any memory management, I don't really know of any but little things.

I should probably delete some themes..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:50 PM
    maxmem worked sooooo good
    08-17-09 03:34 PM
    I'm going to have to try that.

08-17-09 03:36 PM
    Well, I went from having about 36k this morning to 26k when I last posted. I deleted some stuff with maxmem, restarted and am now at 41292857 Bytes.

08-17-09 04:00 PM
    Well there is two separate Curve owners in this thread that have absolutely no memory issue except they are a little obsessive over it. App memory always decreases through the day. Batterry pull, Download quick pull or press alt+right shift+delete every now and then and you will be fine. 40-56MB on a curve is next to amazing
    08-17-09 04:08 PM
    I am not by any means 'obsessing' over my memory. I had noticed my memory was constantly reasonably less than the op.

After being told ways to get a little more out of and get a little better memory I decided to post my results. Memory is the whole point of this thread, and finding information out about the numbers.

I've seen countless threads on memory, with more than two people talking about and questioning memory that had perfectly fine. So why come here to a forum where a couple of curve owners are discussing and trying to learn a little more about their memory.

Thanks for your input as far as letting us know that getting 40-56MB on our curves is amazing. Now I feel ten times better about my memory and it's capabilities.

PS: I do have quickpull, I do battery pulls, clear my cache, emails, and sms plenty, as well as alt+r.shift+delete. I appreciate your attempt at assisting further, but I would have appreciated it more without the " 'tude ".

08-17-09 04:22 PM
    but I would have appreciated it more without the " 'tude ".
    We all appreciate that, too.

Memory mangement on the earlier 64 Mb devices was critical to keeping them working.

The later generation BlackBerry, including the 8330/8900/Bold/Tour/Storm have plenty of memory in reserve. Still, the same principals apply, getting the most out of your BlackBerry means managing your memory use.

It is normal for your BlackBerry to show the maximum available memory after a battery pull. It is also normal for it to use about 10 Mb in order to optimize preformance. When you force a restart, all those cache building steps have to be repeated, slowing it down in the process.

My best advise, free up enough memory, then ignore what is going on in the background. Memory management is best left to the Sun Java virtual machine.
    08-17-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD