I've heard before that this is a common problem... and now it's happened to mine.

My 8330 Curve is charged nightly by being plugged into the power adapter that came with it. It has fallen off my nightstand several times, which I would guess is how the plug part on the phone became loose. Now, it won't charge unless the cord is held/propped at an exact angle... and even then, it doesn't charge fully. Nothing appears to be wrong with the cord, just the part on the phone where it plugs in is very loose.

I need to know the best/ least expensive way to get this repaired. I've heard of charging cradles, but I'm not sure if that's more or less expensive than finding someone to repair this. Any pointers? TIA!
    03-17-10 12:31 PM
    03-17-10 12:35 PM
    get the charging pod for less then 10.00 and it will hold you over......

Newegg.com - BlackBerry ASY-14396-005 8300 Curve Chrome Desktop Charging Pod - Cell Phone Accessories
    Yessir
    plus 1
    03-17-10 12:59 PM
    Sounds like the charge port on your phone needs replacement. We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $38.95. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to PM me with any questions at all.
    06-10-10 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD