my 8330 keeps on sowing the hourglass sign which means its loading something but im not even doing anything on it. does anyone know why and can help?
    09-20-08 02:12 PM
    Can you be more specific? Does this occur frequently? Non-stop? When opening certain applications? Does the phone function?
    09-20-08 02:19 PM
    Also to add to Jenay's ?'s what OS you running.
    09-20-08 02:21 PM
    Are you using the Facebook app?
    09-20-08 02:21 PM
    Also, perhaps do you have a page loaded in the browser that is auto-refreshing? I know this is a long-shot, but I use ESPN's WAP launcher and have game scores set to auto refresh oftentimes when I cannot actually watch a game I want to see, and this causes the device to constantly send and receive data - hence the hourgalss.
    09-20-08 02:23 PM
    I remember my first Blackberry kept doing that. AT&T told me i have to reboot it and that would help for like a day and then it got even worse - I couldnt even answer phone calls. So AT&T ran diagnostics on it and said device was defective and gave me a new one. Try asking your carrier for help, they have authorized repair centers to deal with issues like that. Good luck!
    09-20-08 02:48 PM
    they never came back
    09-20-08 03:28 PM
    Can you be more specific? Does this occur frequently? Non-stop? When opening certain applications? Does the phone function?
    I'm having the same issue with my 8830. It's frequent, non-stop, and severely lags up everything I do. Not sure what OS I'm using, v 4.2.2.196?
    09-20-08 04:48 PM
    If you have a Media Card installed, take it out and leave it out for a day or so.

If this keeps up, get the unit replaced.
    09-20-08 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD