I have been using my blackberry 8330 since last 1 year without any problems. Since yesterday i have faced a strange problem for the first time. all of the sudden my BB status says no coverage and there is (x) where the network signal stength shows in bars. 30 minutes before i relaised it, all was perfectly well and even there was not any handset drop or contact with water to make it behave like it (unusable). I am using my BB only for voice services and dont have any data plan. My warranty is already over about 5 months ago. Now when i am trying to call it says no service currently available. I Really dont want spend on upgrade to other handset or repairs. If it can be a software issue or hardware problem?? Can any one help me on above issue.Thanks a lot in advance.
    08-28-09 09:28 AM
    I had the same problem with mine earlier this month. I called customer service and they walked me through a couple things (I don't remember exactly what) and got my 1XEV back. Try calling them. =)
    08-28-09 09:44 AM
    Check to see if your radio is turned off. Under Manage Connections, the Mobile Network box should be checked if your radio is on.
    08-28-09 09:45 AM
    @redhdgirl417 I have checked radio is very much on.

@diglick . if u can kindly try and remember those steps u were taken through by customer care as they said thier is no problem thier side and i have been told by them to visit service center and i have very bad experiance of them as they charge very heavy charges once you go there with out of warranty handsets.
    08-28-09 10:20 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull with the phone on?
    08-28-09 10:26 AM
    Call the carriers blackberry support group, or keep pushing CS to transfer you to them . a few weeks ago i went camping and was roaming and something was messed up coming back, its like the phone never realized it was back in service. they straightened it out.
    08-28-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD