Hello CB!

I'm new here, even though I've lurked for over a year.

My BB Curve 8330 has started doing some strange stuff recently. Allow me to outline in detail what's up.

I loaded my Video (Watchmen Movie, legal digital copy, ~600MB and 320x240 video size) which is of WMV Format onto my memory card.

When opening it in the Media Player, my phone suddenly starts playing about 1 frame of video and audio, skipping several minutes. The phone will freeze even if the video stops, or I attempt to exit the Media Player and suddenly shut off, black screen, red light stays on.

The phone will not turn on unless a battery pull is done and I wait several minutes.

It has never really done this before for other lengthy large format video's, but now it does it with all of them.

What in the world is going on?

There is absolutely no water damage done to the phone and it's got several days before the warranty runs out. What's the deal?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much!
    09-04-09 04:30 AM
    I had the same experience playing all of my WMV when I moved from Windows mobile to BB. If you convert them to the mp4 format, they should work fine.
    09-04-09 09:46 AM
    Terrible for me that the video is Licensed for simple use and not for conversion.

I was always under the impression that WMV was a playable format.
    Last edited by Keiji22; 09-04-09 at 04:03 PM.
    09-04-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD