EDIT**scratch this,. i think its a battery issue. Plugged it into the wall charger and all seems to work fine I do believe. Funny though, because it shows it has a full charge.

had my 8330 (alltel) for about 18 months I guess. been a great phone so far basically. This morning it had locked up i guess so I did a battery pull and now when it boots up, it shows the desktop then does a slow fade to white screen. Most of the time, once the backlight goes out, I can hit a button, get the desktop, then after 5-10 seconds it fades to white again. No water damage i dont believe, the white thing in the phone is white and the tester on the battery has Xs on it. I think its always been that way. Any help here?

Also, it still rings, and notifies me of messages, just a jacked up screen.
    Last edited by broddam; 06-14-10 at 03:44 PM.
    06-14-10 03:38 PM
    If your battery is over a year old, it can have bad cells (battery has several cells in it), and it may show a full charge, but supply much less than optimal current to the device.

The fact that your device works properly while plugged into a wall charger points to a bad battery.
    06-14-10 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD