Hey anyone.....It seems that as of this morning the backlight on my 8330 doesn't want to go off. The screen is constantly on even when I leave the unit alone for a while, and this is draining my battery. I have reset the options on the backlight and this doesn't seem to work either. Any suggestions?
    08-07-09 09:17 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    08-07-09 10:44 AM
    Battery pull worked. Thanks!
    08-07-09 02:27 PM
    My husband had this issue on his 8330...it was the Nascar Mobile app still running that hadn't been closed out properly. So make sure you close those apps!
    08-08-09 12:58 PM
    Redhdgirl you are a heaven sent. I got my first blackberry 2 days ago and couldn't figure out why my backlight wouldn't go off. I kept trying everything and I looked at a couple of posts on here but didn't help. I saw this one and it was the same problem I was having. I saw what you wrote and sure enough my Nascar Mobile app was still running. I had no idea. I checked it and exited out of it. After I did that my screen turned off...thank you so much!!
    08-23-09 09:22 PM
    Redhdgirl you are a heaven sent. I got my first blackberry 2 days ago and couldn't figure out why my backlight wouldn't go off. I kept trying everything and I looked at a couple of posts on here but didn't help. I saw this one and it was the same problem I was having. I saw what you wrote and sure enough my Nascar Mobile app was still running. I had no idea. I checked it and exited out of it. After I did that my screen turned off...thank you so much!!
    Glad that solved your issues...found out the hard way that with the Sprint mobile apps (NFL, NASCAR) you can't just hit the "end" button to close the app...they make it hard to leave them.
    08-24-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD