hi...

after using google and reading almost all threads on red light for past 4 days i am still unable to get my curve working....so i decide to register and open new thread.help will be highly appreciated.

Okay...i own a att unlocked curved using with tmobile...

it stopped charging when i connect to power i get red blinking light as if it is charging but it isn't. i tried new battery still same thing. so i decide to reinstall os. so i downloaded DM 4.5 and then 4.7. so when i connect my BB to computer i get red blinking light and in device manager BB shows for 5 sec and disappears and then it shows again and disappears. it keeps going that. I tried different usb cable, diff usb port, diff computer, changed the usb power management setting but still same thing. I tried to wipe using JL Cmder but to no avail.

then i read another method of installing os using dos command, so i used that and i was able to go up to second step of "initializing device" when i get to that step the installation fails and i get error message saying "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". I tried 10-15 times but each time same message.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling DM few times, install usb modem driver for curve but nothing seems to be working.

from what i understand, the problem is being caused by unstable usb connection, i am assuming once i solve that i should be okay but i dont know how to. so any help regarding this will be appropriated. also I tried os 4.2 and 4.5 but nothing worked. i do not have any media card installed and i also tried everything with removing the sim card.
    08-29-09 03:05 PM
    You have been doing your research and that covers just about everything I can think of.

08-29-09 03:15 PM
    so in other words my bb is dead and unrecoverable?
    08-29-09 03:19 PM
    so in other words my bb is dead and unrecoverable?

I hope not. The fact that the LED is working means the Java VM is alive, that is good sign for the health of the main logic board.

The fact that you got to unable to reconnect... means it is trying.

If there is a intermittent hardware fault in the USB port, that can be repaired and your good to go.
    08-29-09 03:30 PM
    have you tried jl commander to wipe the phone?
    yea, but i dont get the error message i want to see. instead i get message saying unable to open port something like that, because it comes and disappears in 2 secs
    08-29-09 03:33 PM
    I hope not. The fact that the LED is working means the Java VM is alive, that is good sign for the health of the main logic board.

The fact that you got to unable to reconnect... means it is trying.

If there is a intermittent hardware fault in the USB port, that can be repaired and your good to go.
    so you suggest that my phones usb port is faulty?
    08-29-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD