Hey guys, my 8310 needs a new battery, and is scuffed up pretty good from two drops. I just upgraded to an 8900, and I'm curious how you think I should sell it to get the most money for it - should I part it out, sell it as a whole? Where? It's unlocked, got 4.5 on it with a bunch of apps, screen is unscufffed, just the red bezel around it.

I'm open to any advice - thanks!

-Evan
    08-14-09 10:20 AM
    Sell it whole in my opinion. If you want to increase the value you can always spend a little money and get a new casing for it and then sell it like that.

Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,
    08-14-09 10:22 AM
    Sell it whole in my opinion. If you want to increase the value you can always spend a little money and get a new casing for it and then sell it like that.

Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,
    Is it worth it to spend the money? What could I get for it without doing that, and what could I get for it if I do that?

Thanks,

-Evan
    08-14-09 10:25 AM
    Depends on the condition. What are you hoping to get out of it?
    08-14-09 10:35 AM
    Depends on the condition. What are you hoping to get out of it?
    I've seen mint ones going for $300 in the unlocked state on ebay. $250? I'm not sure with the recent release of some new phones?

-Evan
    08-14-09 11:46 AM
    well 250 is going to be hard scuffed up. Youd be best to get yourself a new housing in my opinion.
    08-14-09 11:57 AM
    *sigh* that's what I was afraid of. With a completely new housing and new battery, what do you think I can get for it? Where's best place to sell?

Thanks,

-Evan
    08-14-09 12:01 PM
    The CB marketplace is good when you meet the requirements, but also ebay is good for unlocked devices.
    08-14-09 12:02 PM
    Sell it whole. I think 120 to 150 is a good target price range since you say It has many scuff marks from dropping it. You can buy housings as cheap as 20 bucks on ebay and that may increase what you will get for it. If you were the buyer lloking at a scuffed up phone on ebay would you pay $150 for it, not to mention with no warranty. I just don't want you to get your hopes up. I bought one for my son 6 months ago for 100 off ebay and it is in good condition. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 02:43 PM
    $50 is about what it is worth. Many used 8310s out there in good condition sell for well below $100.
    08-15-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD