So yeah, my wives 8310 battery reports between 50-100% charge, and if she is in a call, bam it shuts off, and will only turn back on, on charger. I would think it was battery BUT; this happened every day while in California, we went to South Carolina for the holidays (whole month of december), and it happened only once...

OS is up to date, I upgraded to latest to make sure that wasn't the issue, happened following day (in Cali)...and battery is 2 y/o...

Anyone ever hear of this anomaly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 05:16 AM
    Maybe the battery is Republican. ;P
    01-08-10 10:24 AM
    I vote for the battery, especially since it is 2 yrs old. You say the problem never occurs while it is on the charger. A cell in the battery could be bad and the battery will still show a decent charge, but as soon as a current load is placed on the battery, the battery can't supply the needed current to the phone, so it resets or shuts down.
    01-08-10 02:08 PM
    That's what I was thinking...but I had the being on different coast wrench thrown in there so it puzzled me...

Oh yeah, like the dems are doing such a wonderful job...let us take away ALL of their freedoms! Get outta here with that junk...
    ...chump
    01-08-10 02:45 PM
    Try a new battery. Same thing happened to my Curve 8320. Kept making static then turns off. Took me 2 batteries but finally fixed . Try to spin the old battery. If it can spin well then it is possibly warped Good luck.
    01-08-10 10:08 PM
    Will have to give it a shot...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD