I bought my 1st bb recently. I loved Nokia since day 1 my cell history. So I thought Hey try bb and now I love Hate my ph!! I can't open mail attachments watch mp4 or download my favourite whatsapp!!! Neone out there Please Pretty please help! I can't afford another phone;( Ps I have bb 83.10 curve os.4.5 EDGE And actually whatsapp is downloaded 2.6 but keeps saying (fail old version) !!!
    07-05-13 02:47 PM
    Hi. Welcome to Crackberry. Whatsapp is available. It should be easy to download from AppWorld. As for MP4 videos, that should work fine. Maybe someone here has better knowledge of what can be played on BB10. Your email issue is an odd one. When you receive an email with attachments, such as photos, a bar shows up at the top that says "Attachments" and a little arrow next to it. Click that. If it is just one attachment then it should just show up and you just need to tap it to download it. I don't know what else to say here except your issues with BB and Whatsapp seem to stem from you getting used to your new phone and the different way it does things. Give it some time and you shouldn't have too many issues with it. Last thing. What phone do you have Z10 or Q10 and what carrier are you on?
    07-05-13 02:58 PM
    he has a curve running BB OS 4.5, old phone not BB 10
    07-05-13 03:03 PM
    Lmao its a She! Yeah it an old 1 cause I bought it 4rm sum1 and I do know how to use it but It not very App User Friendly.
    07-05-13 03:10 PM
    Thanks much Eddie for trying to b of help
    07-05-13 03:12 PM
    Your welcome. Your phone is not exactly new. It's not exactly old. It's ancient. Don't expect too much from it. I now understand your frustration though.
    07-05-13 03:28 PM
    he has a curve running BB OS 4.5, old phone not BB 10
    Hehe. OP updated her post. Didn't have that when I posted it so I just guessed. Most have OS6/7 or even BB10. Not expecting that though. I guess there are still some out there chugging along.
    07-05-13 03:32 PM
    Ohk so you're saying there is no more support apps themes etc for a bb 83.10??? That's not great! Its sad but yeah then I guess its about status and modern gimmicks with the ability of making and having money to stay in the league?? Its funny weird Nokia never ever made me feel this way..I really wanted to give bb a try.
    07-06-13 01:07 AM
    I bought my 1st bb recently. I loved Nokia since day 1 my cell history. So I thought Hey try bb and now I love Hate my ph!! I can't open mail attachments watch mp4 or download my favourite whatsapp!!! Neone out there Please Pretty please help! I can't afford another phone;( Ps I have bb 83.10 curve os.4.5 EDGE And actually whatsapp is downloaded 2.6 but keeps saying (fail old version) !!!
    Idk how much you can expect from a device that was a workhorse for its time, but now, a burden. I bought my 8330 for $115.00 on ebay a few years ago. When it was a hot hot device. It was actually a really good deal sine most of the devices were selling for $150.00+. The 8330 now sells for $15.00 on ebay. 15!!! I don't understand how you have room to say that you're fed up with BlackBerry when you bought a dinosaur phone. It doesn't make any sense.time to upgrade my friend.

I don't have the intentions of sounding cruel. I'm just afraid that you may have spent a lot of money on a device that's too old for this new decade. I would look into a new device that not only can play mp4s, but has FLASH. Which many devices out there have never had and won't ever have. We hope you do upgrade and buy a newer BB10 device. Wish you luck!

Posted via Q10RR
    07-06-13 06:37 AM
    Ok so to put aside all the negatives out there, there may be a way to get whatsapp from the developer site, however it may not work anymore as it is outdated. Had a 8300 as my first BB so I knw how they work. The best os is 4.5.187 from o2 uk, and it helps with functionality, but that's about it. most of the legacy app versions aren't supported anymore so try other im apps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-09-13 02:09 PM
    Ohk so you're saying there is no more support apps themes etc for a bb 83.10??? That's not great!
    You can still get apps and themes for it if you look, but developers will support it less and less and less. The phone you have - for comparison - is older than the original iPhone, which was replaced by the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5. It's long been discontinued, because it is so old. Not that many people are likely still using them and the capabilities of the 8300 are many orders of magnitude behind the Z10, Q10, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia Lumia etc ... that it just isn't worth doing a lot of the apps on.
    07-09-13 02:22 PM
    Ohk so you're saying there is no more support apps themes etc for a bb 83.10??? That's not great! Its sad but yeah then I guess its about status and modern gimmicks with the ability of making and having money to stay in the league?? Its funny weird Nokia never ever made me feel this way..I really wanted to give bb a try.
    Getting a device that's over 5 years old was not the best way to get started with BlackBerry (or any device). You would be much better off and have a much better experience with a device that is newer (such as one that has been released in the past two years or so).
    07-09-13 04:11 PM