I have searched for this and can't seem to find a concrete answer.

I am purchasing a black housing for my 8310 and would like to have an all black keyboard (including the call, menu, back and end buttons). Will the 8330 keypad fit in the 8310 housing? I know the housings are different but I just want to swap the keypads.

Also what is the best supplier (fit/finish vs price) for black housings? I found various prices from CNN.CN, True Supplier, Hitek UK, GSM4World and some Ebay suppliers.

Thanks,
    J

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:20 PM
    I used cnn.cn and their housing fit my phone just fine...it takes about 2 weeks to get to you though.
    Also check out my sig about the housing...you can use an 8330 on a 8310.
    08-17-09 01:53 PM
    LC1, you cannot change just the keyboard tray (top 4 buttons) from an 8330 with black keys and use them with an 83XX housing unless you make some modifications to your 83XX housing.

Modifications such as cutting/grinding away some of the lens and housing around the green call key and red End key, as the sides of these keys on the 8330 are angled and not straight like on the 83XX series.

It is easier to look for a complete 8330 housing kit which includes the housing, keyboard tray and keypad.
    08-17-09 02:55 PM
    Hey thanks for the feedback on cnn.cn. However do you know if just the keypad from the 8330 will fit in the 8310 housing? I don't want to but the full 8330 housing because they are more expensive everywhere I have been looking.

Thanks

08-17-09 03:09 PM
    I already answered your question, asking it repeatedly will not get you a different answer.

Yes, the keypads are interchangeable, but the part you want to change is the keyboard tray. They are not interchangeable between the 8330 and 83XX unless you get the corresponding housing to go along with it.
    08-17-09 03:13 PM
    xliderider
    My response and your original were within minutes of each other. I must have been typing my response when you were.

Anyways thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for. I will have to look for a full 8330 housing if I want to go with the all black keys.

08-17-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD