I've had my 8310 for about 3 months now and its been working wonderfully till the past week or so. Every time that I go to my messages it takes a good 10 seconds to access a message and once I've written the reply it takes up to 30 seconds to send. While its not as horrendous as some stories I've read on here, its not as snappy as it used to be, getting the job done in 5 seconds or so.
    Also I perform weekly battery pulls, and have tried both that AND the Alt+Shift+Del buttons and its still acting up the same. My file free memory is at about 14 to 15 depending when I check, and it does this while I have other progams AND when its the first program I use. I'm currently using OS 4.5.0.52 but that's been on since a couple weeks after I got the phone, so I doubt that's the problem. I'm stumped as far as this goes, and don't want to have to exchange it if it persists. Any help or insight is appriciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 07:07 PM
    Rub a little Ben Gay on it.

But seriously, sounds like your memory could be getting low. Have a look at this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ 14 - 15mb of file free isn't terrible but its not great for a Curve.
    10-07-08 07:10 PM
    Check out the "free up memory" in my signiture. And make sure you are closing all your applications out, by going to options-close.

Oh and whats your file free size.. OH and do a battery pull it will free up some space.
    10-07-08 07:16 PM
    Well the thing is, its been much lower and not had this problem before. I've done my memory optimization already and whatnot I just have a few too many programs downloaded

10-07-08 07:16 PM
    Like I said, I already do battery pulls or Alt+ Shift + Del weekly if not twice a week. I haven't deleted messages (other than MMS) since I got the phone could that be a problem?

10-07-08 07:53 PM
    yuh that might be it, or it can be all the apps you said you had
    10-07-08 07:59 PM
    I clear memory a couple of times a week as stated above and clear my web browser "cache operations" about once a week. Can't prove that that speeds things up but I feel it does.
    Last edited by teal; 10-07-08 at 08:04 PM.
    10-07-08 08:02 PM
    Alright well I guess I should post an update. I just put on the new 4.5.0.81 which freed up room on my device to 21mb. I deleted some apps but that didn't do much, and also deleted all messages before this last month. It seems as though thw problem is resolved on all but one of ny contacts whose messages make up about 25% of my messaging. When texting them it hangs at the send option for at time half a minute. I only have 7 previous messages showing. I really am getting upset with this! Its a nussiance!

10-08-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD