Did a cursory search for this problem and wasn't able to find any threads besides those related to the memory leak issue. That being said, this issue is in addition to the memory leak issue, of which my phone is as well afflicted.

My phone is the Curve 8310...Purchased less than a year ago...Running OS version 4.2.2.170.

My problem is that the phone crashes--turns off--upon regular usage--and by regular usage I mean any time I use the phone for longer than 3-5 minutes (whether it be texting, googlemaps, talking on the phone, jivetalk, any app basically). And won't 'turn on' again until I plug it into a power source...Simply pulling and reattaching the battery will not resolve the problem. After I'm booted, upon checking the battery status it shows that I have plenty of battery so I know it isn't due to losing battery power.

Since it's had this problem, I've also noticed a serious issue with using the phone for basic call use. It'll work fine for the first minute or so, and then there'll be a distinct buzzing noise. Not only on my end, but also on the end of the person with whom I'm speaking. So this buzzing will continue until my phone shuts off, and, as stated above, won't turn on again until plugged into a power source.

This phone was hands down the best phone I've ever owned. Now it's such an inconvenience, my daily life needs to be planned to accomodate its glitches.

Any and all information appreciated...PLZ HELP!
    11-20-08 10:08 PM
    the same thing happened to me. try to restore your phone or upgrade to 4.5. if that doesn't work contact your carrier and talk to technical support and see how that turns out. if your phone keeps screwing up they might send you a brand new one since you had your phone under a year and usually blackberry's/any smart phones got at least a year warranty on them.
    11-20-08 10:28 PM
    k, gonna try and upgrade to 4.5. thx so much for your reply, helps knowing i'm not the only one that's been bothered from this problem.

which route did you take, btw?
    11-21-08 03:14 PM
    rogers ended up sending me a new one.
    11-21-08 09:27 PM
    updated to 4.5...problem still exists. perhaps the only option is getting a new fone? frustrating...
    11-23-08 08:46 PM
    Definitely get another one. But uninstall the OS 4.5 from your PC
    and then reinstall OS 4.2 BEFORE sending it back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    11-23-08 09:17 PM
    RMAing the device...Thank you all for the help.
    12-15-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD