hey everyone I just updated my sprint phone to the new version and I am super mad that I can not make one of my convenience buttons on the side my keyboard lock screen now. I had it until I updated to this version today. Now I'm bummed. I rely on that a lot. I know u are able to press A but is there any way to be able to see my lock screen anymore ???
    And is there anymore things that I should be aware of with this New update. Thanks a million
    Chrystal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 09:45 AM
    Omg, this was my BIGGEST complaint with the update also! Idk what you mean about "seeing" your lock screen, but if you press the hangup button while the screen is locked, it will give you the message to press mute to unlock.
    Lisa
    06-14-10 04:26 PM
    With almost all the new updates that have been leaked/released for the 8530 they have taken away the ability to use the keyboard lock. We don't understand why, but they have. Your only option at this point is to use the Play/Pause/Mute button on the top of the device to enter the phone into Standyby Mode. I actually prefer Standby Mode over the keyboard lock. It improves the battery life.
    06-14-10 08:59 PM
    With almost all the new updates that have been leaked/released for the 8530 they have taken away the ability to use the keyboard lock. We don't understand why, but they have. Your only option at this point is to use the Play/Pause/Mute button on the top of the device to enter the phone into Standyby Mode. I actually prefer Standby Mode over the keyboard lock. It improves the battery life.
    Pushing "A" does the same thing as pushing the Play/Pause/Mute button now in the .654 update. I kinda like just pushing the letter A....I don't feel like I have to use more force to push the Mute button through my Otterbox case lol.
    06-14-10 09:05 PM
    Pushing "A" does the same thing as pushing the Play/Pause/Mute button now in the .654 update. I kinda like just pushing the letter A....I don't feel like I have to use more force to push the Mute button through my Otterbox case lol.
    Indeed you are correct! Thank you for correcting me, I forgot I am running a Hybrid where that feature is fixed Thanks again!
    06-14-10 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD