I have a 3rd pty program where whenever I first open the program, and at other times try other tasks within it, pops up a box saying the program is trying to change application permissions. I must then click "ok" which takes me to the application permissions screen for that program.

Some of the settings are set to allow, some are set to custom, and others are set to prompt. The ones that are set to prompt, when clicked on, only provide one other options, "deny". The ones set to custom, provide the option of deny and allow. If I select allow, as soon as I back out of the window it reverts back tgo custom, thus I can't select allow.

Can someone explain what's happenning here, and how, and if this can be fixed?

thanks
    Last edited by CSO; 08-23-08 at 10:22 PM.
    08-23-08 10:20 PM
    Go to options advanced options applications highlight it hit the menu button then edit permissions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 10:26 PM
    I ran into the same situation trying to use Sprint Navigation. The GPS setting is set to Deny without any option to change it. I believe this has been set by our Enterprise Server to prevent some potential security issue but I am not sure about that. I am going to call them tomorrow. This irks me as I really wanted this functionality and purchased the phone because it has it. Now I can't use it!

Bummer...
    09-25-08 12:51 AM
    I ran into the same situation trying to use Sprint Navigation. The GPS setting is set to Deny without any option to change it. I believe this has been set by our Enterprise Server to prevent some potential security issue but I am not sure about that. I am going to call them tomorrow. This irks me as I really wanted this functionality and purchased the phone because it has it. Now I can't use it!

Bummer...
    I checked into this with our security team and for some reason it was disabled if there was a software config attached to the device and it is upgraded. They removed the config and it is fine now! Cool I now have GPS!
    09-25-08 09:12 AM
    Glad it worked out for you
    09-25-08 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD