I posted this question on the at&t board but haven't gotten an answer yet. My phone says EDGE at the signal and I have a 3G sim card. Is that normal? Someone at a kiosk at the mall seemed to think my phone sucked because it says EDGE. I have no clue. Lol. Could someone explain it. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 09:09 AM
    EDGE is the slower (older) method of data transmission wirelessly. 3G is much faster but has to be supported by your phone, network and towers in your area.

Your phone does not support 3G, which makes it a bit lacking in todays fast paced technology rush. Upgrading to a BOLD for example will provide you the ability to take advantage of ATT's 3G network if you desire faster data transmission.

Its kinda like not having an HD tv to take advantage of the available HD content.
    09-14-09 09:24 AM
    EDGE is the slower (older) method of data transmission wirelessly. 3G is much faster but has to be supported by your phone, network and towers in your area.

Your phone does not support 3G, which makes it a bit lacking in todays fast paced technology rush. Upgrading to a BOLD for example will provide you the ability to take advantage of ATT's 3G network if you desire faster data transmission.

Its kinda like not having an HD tv to take advantage of the available HD content.
    The advantage of 3G is arguable, and has been argued a lot around here.
    09-14-09 10:00 AM
    My phone seems fast enough. No complaints here so I'll just wait till my upgrade thanks for explaining it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 10:14 AM
    You have an 8310, this device doesn't support 3G so it only runs on EDGE...
    09-14-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD