Does anyone know how to remove the trackball for the 8350i or have pictures of how to do it? it does not work by just popping off the silver ring, and my trackball will roll, but does not show any motion on the screen. Would nextel perhaps clean it??
    08-13-09 08:26 PM
    You can try turning off the phone and pressing down hard on the trackball while rolling it. Usually works for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 08:41 PM
    try changing the sensitivity on the ball..
    go to menu/options/ screen/keyboard/ then scroll down to trackball and change the sensitivity.. hope it works
    08-13-09 11:58 PM
    Does anyone know how to remove the trackball for the 8350i or have pictures of how to do it? it does not work by just popping off the silver ring, and my trackball will roll, but does not show any motion on the screen. Would nextel perhaps clean it??
    I've had this issue several times. The first time, the were able to get the trackball out and clean it, but it did not help. I am now on my third blackberry since January, due to trackball issues. It's a pain, but everyone has been replaced for free, and I have been able to get a new phone the next day. According to my Nextel dealer, there aren't any new trackballs available through Nextel.
    08-14-09 09:49 PM
    I've had this issue several times. The first time, the were able to get the trackball out and clean it, but it did not help. I am now on my third blackberry since January, due to trackball issues. It's a pain, but everyone has been replaced for free, and I have been able to get a new phone the next day. According to my Nextel dealer, there aren't any new trackballs available through Nextel.

I just got my trackball fixed through a Nextel Repair shop. It wasn't the ball itself, it was the one of the four little rubber pieces beneath it that was bad. That little piece can be replaced in a repair shop in less than 10 minutes, and usually is the cause of trackball issues.

Von
    08-15-09 01:08 AM
    I understand that the 8350i has to be disassembled to work on the trackball.
    08-16-09 10:20 PM
    I have yet to any trackball issuses and my phone us beat up looking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD