Yesterday I upgraded from my Pearl to a Curve.. Well, when I left Verizon I was re-arranging my icons and hiding the ones I didn't need. Well, my Options one just left. It wasn't hidden, it just left. So I restored it using my computer. I tried to move it again, and it does the same thing. So whatever I figured, I just won't move it. Well, now I have no browser, My phone says it's installed, yet I have no icon and when I go to use it it says it's not configured and it needs to be. Help.. I like it better than my Pearl, but if it keeps doing stuff like this I'll have to go back to the Pearl...
    02-24-09 10:43 AM
    Go to Options>>Advanced Options>>Host Routing Table, press Menu and select Register Now. See if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 10:45 AM
    I remember it took a day for things to get settled on the Curve for me for some reason. I realize that's not a scientific response, but it's true.

I couldn't connect to the internet for like a full day, tried service books, registering, battery pull....then it just happened and POOF, it worked flawlessly after that.

Congrats on the upgrade to a man's phone
    02-24-09 10:48 AM
    Too bad I'm a girl.... lol.
    02-24-09 10:54 AM
    Too bad I'm a girl.... lol.
    LOL! Oops! . I hate it when I do that.

02-24-09 10:55 AM
    Go to Options>>Advanced Options>>Host Routing Table, press Menu and select Register Now. See if that helps.

It worked! Thanks! Saves me a trip to Verizon!
    02-24-09 10:57 AM
    LOL! Oops! . I hate it when I do that.

Haha, it's alright. My Curve is pink if it makes a difference to ya. So was my Pearl. haha.
    02-24-09 10:58 AM
    Glad you got it working!

I was about to reply to Sultans post and say I bet the OP is a girl! That was funny!

02-24-09 10:59 AM
    Does anyone have a solution or even an answer why I couldn't move my "options" icon? I haven't tried to move it since for fear that it will go away.
    02-27-09 07:50 PM
    I say try it again, it shouldnt go anywhere this time if you have registered the device on the network etc.. try it.. we could get it back for it, but I doubt it will wander..
    02-27-09 07:58 PM
    I would log into BIS and click on switch device. Just to be sure its set up correctly Resend service books when done. As far as the options icon disappearing, I'm not sure. But it sounds like your berry was trying to get hooked up and set up with verizons network and the BIS servers. Have you tried moving the icon since?

02-27-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD