My bootup time is like 20 minutes when I did a battery pull. Luckily I don't have to do them that often but its been happening since probably the end of Feb/beginning of March. It will speed through the first 2/3 or 3/4 of bootup in less than 2 minutes and just stops. Then it takes FOREVER to finish. How do I fix it?
    Last edited by Jakeipoo; 06-14-10 at 12:30 AM.
    06-10-10 08:10 AM
    which OS you're running with ?
    06-10-10 08:24 AM
    I think it was 5.0.0.409 when it wall started but now I am on 5.0.0.681
    06-10-10 08:28 AM
    Have you installed any themes or apps when you had the .409 and still have them ? , coz maybe it has something to do with that

Have an overnight battery pull. Remove the battery and memory card before you go to bed, and put them back in the next morning.

This technique has solve lots of issue
    06-10-10 08:57 AM
    I might have installed the at&t myWireless app around that time so I just deleted it and and and going to leave my battery out for a while
    Last edited by Jakeipoo; 06-10-10 at 09:19 AM.
    06-10-10 09:13 AM
    yes . . try that and keep us posted
    06-10-10 09:20 AM
    I believe the device does garbage collection at boot up time which is why for some people it can take longer than others. And why on mine it is different every time. yes, I've been testing it, I get bored.

So if you install apps, remove them, some emails get deleted, etc. and you reboot it will take a long time to move the blocks of memory around to clean everything up. If you don't do that a lot or have apps that don't fragment memory all the time then boot times seem to go way down.

Even so, a battery pull is not necessary unless you either install/uninstall an app or you have a buggy app with memory leaks in your device. Otherwise, don't do it, it's completely useless.
    06-10-10 10:57 AM
    I've done 2 battery pulls today...

The first one-
    I had to do
    Left the battery out for 10 minutes
    Took 7 minutes to boot up

The second one-
    I just wanted to
    Left the battery out for 30 minutes
    Took 4 minutes to boot up

I'm going to do an overnight battery pull tonight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 11:56 AM
    Do you have Memory Cleaner enabled? If so, disable it and you will see a much decreased boot up time.
    06-10-10 12:58 PM
    Do you have Memory Cleaner enabled? If so, disable it and you will see a much decreased boot up time.
    I can't...it has a padlock on it.
    06-10-10 01:15 PM
    Pulling the battery for 30 seconds or 30 minutes makes absolutely no difference at all. read my previous post to see what's going on.
    06-10-10 01:58 PM
    Memory Cleaner was the problem. It was locked to Enable. A BES service IT Policy, Secure GS, gets pushed to some phones(searched some threads to find out). I had to delete all apps that I had downloaded to get rid of the ITP. My boot time is now back to about 2 minutes. I'm downloading all my apps one by one and seeing if the ITP comes back.

Thanks tellsells for the help. I hope others can find this thread helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 03:28 PM
    usually takes 2 minutes for me.
    06-11-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD