I have this symbol on my BB screen to the top right that looks like a gun sight.

Anyone know what this is? It's Verizon as carrier.

Also, like a Curve 8900 there is a button on top you can hit to lock the BB.

Does this phone have a button like this?

Thanks!
    06-14-10 06:05 PM
    I have this symbol on my BB screen to the top right that looks like a gun sight.

Anyone know what this is? It's Verizon as carrier.

Also, like a Curve 8900 there is a button on top you can hit to lock the BB.

Does this phone have a button like this?

Thanks!
    1. Symbol sounds like Appworld Update Icon (see list)

2. You can lock any blackberry using the left/right side convenience keys. Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard>Set either key to keyboard lock>viola. Hope this helps...
    06-14-10 06:37 PM
    The icon he is talking about is not in that list.

The icon that looks like a crosshair actually means GPS location on.
    06-14-10 06:41 PM
    can you tell me how to turn that off?
    06-14-10 06:46 PM
    Actually my mistake....If it's a crosshair with 3 signal bars after it then its transmitting your location. If its just the crosshair, it is only going to give your location for emergencies like a 911 call.

I do not know a way to get the icon completely off.
    06-14-10 06:52 PM
    good deal, thanks!
    06-14-10 07:02 PM
    2. You can lock any blackberry using the left/right side convenience keys. Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard>Set either key to keyboard lock>viola. Hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

thank you too as well
    06-14-10 07:05 PM
    not anymore, stupid move to take that function away..you would have to lock it by holding down the "a" button and unlocking it by pressing the middle media button on top..personally its a pain in the arse...but yeah the left key lock got taken away in one of the earlier updates..but i heard if you set the password on then you can use the left key but would then have to enter the password, still a pain in the arse but i dont know if that was taken away yet with any recent updates.
    06-14-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD