Hi guys,
    I'm that these questions are really basic, but I just don't have time to read through the thousands of threads already here.

--> I'm assuming that an SMS message is the standard text message I'm used to from my old phone?

--> Is there a way to change, add, remove the icons that are on my home screen?

--> Also, another assumption, but the profiles are how the volume is set?

Thanks.
    08-14-09 02:48 PM
    Welcome! And yes you're correct about the sms and profiles.. To change icons go to your app screen and move them into the very top row of that screen for them to appear on your home screen. To do this highlight the app you want to move press the blackberry button (one with the seven dots..bb logo) and scroll down to move. Simply drop the icon where you want and press the trackball and you're good to go. Goodluck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 02:59 PM
    I would recommend looking at the BlackBerry 101. It'll give you all the information you need plus some...I wont even make you search for it.

BlackBerry 101: How To Lecture Series
    08-14-09 03:03 PM
    Great. Thanks
    08-14-09 03:03 PM
    I second the recommendation for the Lecture Series - great information. I've learned a lot from it. Good luck!
    08-14-09 03:23 PM
    Welcome to the awesome world of BB. I third that the lecture series is an excellent way to get going with your BB.
    And obviously any questions that you can't find via the series or using the search thread option, just post them up on new threads. There is a lot of talent on this site and they have helped me through a lot of basic and not so basic issues.

Good luck, and have fun.
    08-14-09 03:48 PM
    I 4th the BB101 Lecture Series! It really is a wealth of information and should be a must read for every CB and BB noob, and veterans alike. In addition you may also want to read the How to use SEARCH thread (link in my sig) to help you optimize your search so you dont have to waste time searching through thousands of threads and also wont fall victim to the flamethrowers for not searching and posting duplicate threads. I try to keep my flamethrower on low, but always like to give noobs a mulligan

Welcome and Happy Learning!
    08-14-09 03:57 PM
    You guys are great. I haven't used such a responsive forum before.

BTW, I've had the thing for less than 12 hours and already know well the meaning behind the expression Crack Berry.
    08-14-09 06:14 PM
    Heya. Looks like the peeps have given you the royal intro, so welcome & enjoy!
    08-14-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD