I ordered my 8900 on Feb 12, the rep said I would receive it on Feb. 18th. Over the course of the next few days, the phone was backordered and what not, and in the end I got my phone on Feb.19th.

Every since I got the phone everything has worked and everything was fine. The only thing that really bothered me was the keyboard backlight. My keyboard does move a little which is fine and doesn't bother me, but some of the keys are dimmer than the others. At first it didn't seem such a big deal, but it seems the keys are getting dimmer.

I called Tmobile's blackberry support, and the rep was clueless. He suggested I wipe the handheld, which I did, and the problem still existed. I THOUGHT I was still within the 14 day return policy as I got my phone on the 19th, but the rep said since I ordered my phone on the 12th, the 14 day return policy started then so bascially I was out of my 14 day window. That doesn't make sense as for the first 7 days I didn't even have the phone in my possesion!

He s/w is supervisor and they were going to send me a refurb phone which I declined, because that phone more than likely will have even more problems! It would make sense for the return policy to kick in once a customer receives the phone.
    03-01-09 03:04 PM
    I would call again and speak to another CSR. Your 14 days should not begin until you receive the phone! Just keep calling until you can get someone who is willing to help you out.
    03-01-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah speak to another rep and ask for there higher up again. That's unacceptable. Explain the situation and they should understand. Some reps are clueless man, what would clearing your phone do for your keyboard? If that doesn't work, speak to retentions, I'm sure they'll be able to help if you threaten to cancel
    03-01-09 03:28 PM
    I agree that is unacceptable, talk with someone else. With that said, the dim keyboard lighting is probably normal. If you really think it is a problem then complain until you get a replacement but I"m not sure the replacement will be any better than what you have now.
    03-01-09 08:30 PM
    [COLOR="Navy"]I would call again and speak to another CSR. Your 14 days should not begin until you receive the phone! Just keep calling until you can get someone who is willing to help you out.[/RED]
    If you happen to be in california you get 30 days and if your not your buyers remorse starts the day you receive your phone not the day orderd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 07:21 AM
    Call and speak to customer retention, they'll be able to help you up because the front line csr reps can't do much.
    03-02-09 08:53 AM
    I agree that is unacceptable, talk with someone else. With that said, the dim keyboard lighting is probably normal. If you really think it is a problem then complain until you get a replacement but I"m not sure the replacement will be any better than what you have now.
    That's what I was thinking. I read a few on a few forums that the backlight on the keyboard isn't all that bright. I'm afraid if I switch out it out, I will get a phone with something else that is wrong. Before I got my phone I read about the end call key issue, wavy screen issue and the loose battery door issue. My phone doesn't have any of those problems, and I don't wan to get another phone that has those problems.

I did call again and this time they wanted me to send the phone back first and once they received it they would ship me a brand new one. I told him this was my only phone, and the rep suggested that I go to the store to pick up a loaner phone while I waited. At this point, I will live with the dim keyboard and wait for a newer release of the 8900s in a couple of months (when hopefully all the bugs and kinks are fixed).
    03-02-09 05:59 PM
    My representative told me that the day i got my phone is when the 14 days kicks in. call again and tell them you want to return the phone.
    03-02-09 06:11 PM
    Since I can't post pictures directly in the form yet, I attached them below. They are pics of the keyboard.
    03-02-09 06:17 PM
    That is total bs... The return/exchange period starts once you receive the phone. Not when you ordered it.. I mean what if the phone was back ordered for a month.. Uh ohh return/exchange period is over... It wouldn't be far at all because you didn't even have the phone for that long period of time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 07:20 PM
    14 day? they told me 30 day return policy at the retail store.
    03-02-09 07:31 PM
    I called today and finally got some resolution! The first rep wanted to do it as a warranty exchange and have me send the phone back first and then they would ship out a new phone. I told her I wanted a phone shipped to me first so I can have something to use and talk on while I waited (just in case it is put on backorder again). She transferred me to another rep since she didn't have the authorization to do that.

I s/w a new rep, he went ahead and ordered a new phone for me at the same price I got the original phone. He said it's going to be treated as a new order, so I will need to extend my contract again, so bascially another month has been added to my 1yr agreement.

Once I get the new phone, the old phone has to be postmarked within 72hours of receiving the new phone, so I don't get charged for the old phone.

He said it will be shipped express, and be at my house within 1-3 business days (we will see, last time they said that it was backordered!).
    03-03-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD