Curve 9360: media>menu>memory use. There it clearly shows the memory occupied by music,ringtones, videos etc. My concern is on the memory occupied by "other", the space occupied is increasing, wasting my memory and I don't even know where it is coming from. I deleted files from media card>blackberry>system>media but that won't free my memory. Anybody who knows what occupies the space under "other" that is wasting my memory please help. Need to delete unneccesary files . Thanks
    08-07-12 06:12 PM
    Use the file manager to look and see.
    I occasionally get "NDK Dump" folders on the root of the SD card that take up a lot of room.
    08-07-12 09:05 PM
    Thanks, but I am using the file explorer that's where I found the files under ...system>media but can't locate any other files. I have also unhid everything there but I can't locate the culprit
    08-07-12 11:59 PM
    What size memory card is it? The device creates picture thumbnails (.dat files) and these can be very big if you have a lot of stored photos) The only solution is to buy a bigger memory card.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    08-09-12 06:27 AM
    4GB,ok thanx
    08-11-12 04:44 PM
    Use this information to determine what you wish to do with NDKDumpfiles on a flash drive. Blackberry devices that are working in an environment not serviced by qualified network administrators create NDKDump files as follows when the described conditions are encountered. You can safely delete these dump files in most instances, however the recovery or harvest of memory on the flash device will generally be minimal because these are per instance dump response files, therefore per file resolutions by the Blackberry device generating them. More at:

BlackBerry Controller known issues

If the BlackBerry Controller creates multiple consecutive dumps on hung threads, the latest dump file overwrites the previous dump file if the latest file is created in the same minute as the previous dump file; the dump files are named based on the minute that they are created. (SDR 214488)

If a message arrived in a user's mailbox and the date (PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME) was in the future the BlackBerry Messaging Agent performed a memory dump. (DT 187828)

BlackBerry Messaging Agent known issues
    In an environment that includes MAPI and CDO 6.5.8147.0, the BlackBerry Messaging Agent and the BlackBerry Mail Store Service intermittently write memory dumps to their log files and the BlackBerry Mail Store Service also writes access control violations to its log file. (DT 518228, DT 396427)
    Workaround: Choose one of the following options:
    If your organization is not using Microsoft Exchange 2010, downgrade to MAPI and CDO 6.5.8131.0.
    Wait for the pending fix from Microsoft.
    04-29-13 02:26 PM
    hmmm this is interestin as jus last night I took out a pic..got a notice sayin only 22 pic remainin... when I took out the pic it went down to 12. like wtf. I hv d image size set to 1024x768. not the largest but not the smallest. but still that freaked me out. need to figure out why.

or do I jus need a larger mem card. but then it will happen eventually again when it start filling up
    05-02-13 11:47 AM
    whatsapp was saving chat history....tho that doesn't explain how after take 1 pic I went from 22left to 12. cudnt b the size
    05-02-13 11:51 AM