Recently my curve 9300 died so sent it off to insurance and they were unable to repair it so they are now sending me money instead.

I've been thinking about buying the blackberry curve 9360 but after some googling i have seen people are complaining about the battery having a very short and life (around 7 hours) and becoming hot. However I have also read reviews saying the battery is okay and gives life of about 15 hours. I was just wondering which one is more true? I realize it depends on how much you use your phone, but for a standard amount of use which is the closer representative.

Also I have read that there have been updates put out do these fix these issues significantly? What sort of battery time do they give? Do they create new issue?

I know i have asked a lot of questions I just don't want to buy this phone and end up regretting it as its issues have not been resolved.
    12-01-11 03:51 PM
    I use my curve 9360 fairly continuously throughout the day, going from probably 7 am to probably 6ish or later. I charge it every night, and havent had a problem with the battery. I would say I probably get 10-12 hours a charge.

I use browser, email, twitter, texting and games so quite a bit of multi-tasking and it still lasts fairly well. It will heat up a bit when you are using browser through data, not wifi.
    12-01-11 05:49 PM
    I use my curve 9360 fairly continuously throughout the day, going from probably 7 am to probably 6ish or later. I charge it every night, and havent had a problem with the battery. I would say I probably get 10-12 hours a charge.

I use browser, email, twitter, texting and games so quite a bit of multi-tasking and it still lasts fairly well. It will heat up a bit when you are using browser through data, not wifi.
    Have you updated yours? what firmware does it have?
    12-02-11 03:07 AM
    Anyone else care to share their battery experiences? I'm weary of getting this phone because I keep reading that the battery doesn't last more than 8 hours...
    12-02-11 04:16 AM
    i use GPRS to save the battery. Since i use the phone mainly for text, twitter and fb. Its sufficient. It can last me 12 hours easily. today, which i didnt use the phone a lot. From 1030am since i plug out, now 8pm. Its still at 70%. using .530
    12-02-11 06:21 AM
    I have the 9350 and have no battery issues at all..
    12-02-11 09:10 AM
    Using 9360 on .530.
    Battery lasts me 5-6hrs max + I can't send bbm pin msgs
    12-02-11 12:45 PM
    If you use the latest firmware from AVEA whitout installing ANY APP (I mean NO ADDICTIONAL APP AT ALL) 9360 last for a whole day whitout problem, if you go to add some social app, weather app and so on you cant pass 6-7 hours.
    Tryed ANY firmware.....If you like to use some social app turning 3g off is a must.
    maybe OS7 is really sensitive to addictional app?
    12-02-11 12:58 PM
    to be honest and short, this battery is terrible. I've had no hardware problems or software problems with my blackberry so thats not the cuase of this ridiuclous battery life.

It will NOT i repeat, NEVER last you 2 days. If you use it moderately from morning to night it will go into less than 30% battery, making u charge it overnight for the next day.

If you use it extenstively for the WHOLE day it will be red and needs charging by the end of the night.

If you hardly use it and just check ur phone for any notifications or left messages once in a while, it will go into 70% as stated and also confirmed by @yalo at the end of the night. ----->unacceptable to me

i'm on .530 too. and im a heavy battery analyzer even made a thread with multiple field reports for this phone
    12-03-11 10:03 PM
    just heavy texting on bbm with just 2G/EDGE wont last me 1 day, have to charge somewhere along.
    12-03-11 11:13 PM
    It sounds to me like the GSM people are the ones having problems with battery, as myself and any other CDMA users I talk to are reporting no issues.
    12-03-11 11:52 PM
    Think i'm just going to get another 9300 as it seems the 9360 still has battery issues.
    12-04-11 06:28 AM
    The battery isnt that bad on .530, running only on 3G (Bell doesnt have a 2G GSM network for me to fall back on) keeping WiFi on at all times and using the phone with moderate usage such as emailing, BBMing quite a lot, texting here and there, using the web browser at multiple points of the day, phone calls and so forth I got more than 12 hours of usage. Including the fact that I only pressed the lock button and didnt turn off my phone when I went to sleep, it still had a charge remaining.

To be honest, I wouldnt get another 9300 at this point. The handset I had before was the 9300 which I still have and the difference is pretty dramatic with the new 9360, Id say you'd be a lot happier with the 9360
    12-04-11 08:50 AM
    to be honest and short, this battery is terrible. I've had no hardware problems or software problems with my blackberry so thats not the cuase of this ridiuclous battery life.

It will NOT i repeat, NEVER last you 2 days. If you use it moderately from morning to night it will go into less than 30% battery, making u charge it overnight for the next day.

If you use it extenstively for the WHOLE day it will be red and needs charging by the end of the night.

If you hardly use it and just check ur phone for any notifications or left messages once in a while, it will go into 70% as stated and also confirmed by @yalo at the end of the night. ----->unacceptable to me

i'm on .530 too. and im a heavy battery analyzer even made a thread with multiple field reports for this phone
    Coming from a iphone. I am totally amazed. LOL
    12-04-11 10:56 AM
    Guy's,

I can assure you the 9360 battery is DEFINITELY OK!

Been off my charger now since 8:30am today (UK time)... it's 12:44pm now and I'm only down to 96%. Thats basically 1% every hour and ive had two BBM messages (both replied to).. 4 Whatsapp messages (replied to them also), 1 Phone call for about 5 minutes, Accuweather running and updating every hour, Social Feeds running updating RSS every 3 Hours and SocialScope running but set to manual refresh. I am on 2G and onlyuse 3G when neccessary i.e browsing, downloading etc.

Previously it would maybe be at around the 80% mark give or take but yesterday i signed out of FB and twitter and instead use SocialScope alone while using my Email for FB or Twitter @messages or DM's. It's unbelieveable. Im gonna switch network now to 3G/2G and see what effect 3G has on it.

Just got 3 Whatsapp picture messages come in and just about to switch to 3G/2G. i'm at 95%.

Btw I'm on .353

Further updates later tonight.

Ok.. since about 5 or so minutes ago I was on 95% and switched to 3G... I'm already on 93% phone sitting idle so now I've switched back to 2G. 3G is just a nuisance for battery drain.. no need when it's not being used.

Peace.

5 PM UPDATE: Leaving work now and I'm on 66% since 8:30am this morning with my normal everyday use as mentioned above above and loads of BBM Group messages (29 people in group so quite a lot of messages.)

Battery is well ok.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 12-05-11 at 11:01 AM.
    12-05-11 06:51 AM
    Guy's,

Been off my charger now since 8:30am today (UK time)... it's 12:44pm now and I'm only down to 96%. Thats basically 1% every hour and ive had two BBM messages (both replied to).. 4 Whatsapp messages (replied to them also), 1 Phone call for about 5 minutes, Accuweather running and updating every hour, Social Feeds running updating RSS every 3 Hours and SocialScope running but set to manual refresh. I am on 2G and onlyuse 3G when neccessary i.e browsing, downloading etc.

Previously it would maybe be at around the 80% mark give or take but yesterday i signed out of FB and twitter and instead use SocialScope alone while using my Email for FB or Twitter @messages or DM's. It's unbelieveable. Im gonna switch network now to 3G/2G and see what effect 3G has on it.

Just got 3 Whatsapp picture messages come in and just about to switch to 3G/2G. i'm at 95%.

Btw I'm on .353

Ok.. since about 5 or so minutes ago I was on 95% and switched to 3G... I'm already on 93% phone sitting idle so now I've switched back to 2G. 3G is just a nuisance for battery drain.. no need when it's not being used.

Peace.

3G is a known battery drainer, unfortunately some of us cannot turn 3G off as we have no 2G GSM network to use.
    12-05-11 08:34 AM
    I read a post a few months ago which listed features you could turn off/alter to keep battery life, which was very effective, IMO.
    What I can recall, it was:

Reducing the screen's brightness
    Adjusting the amount of vibration/level of vibration
    Sounds and Alerts
    Any unofficial themes you may have applied as your main theme.
    Opened applictions.
    Network (inc Wi-fi)

There might have been more, but those are the ones I would definitely adhere to. TBH, you don't really need 3 long vibrations for each msg you get, 2 medium ones are just fine. And I would use 2G and Wi-fi AT HOME and when I'm out, unless I need to go surf the internet, I would turn the wi-fi off immediately and keep it on 2G. (and then straight away turn it back to 2g once I'm done using the internet)

It's all user preference based at the end of the day.
    12-05-11 10:56 AM
    Being new to the BB Phone and curve i was told the battery would last a good 15 hrs. Well starting my day early in the morning till about 10 pm at night before i charge. My battery has lasted me a good 13hrs or so,but i do notice it will drain fast if you watch videos from youtube or play any sort of game. I dont really play the games though more of a test. So really i think it depends upon the users intentions and usage.
    12-05-11 11:33 AM
    Using WiFi instead of 2G or 3G is a real battery saver, so if you can use WiFi, DO IT!

You can also turn off the LED Coverage Indicator, turn your brightness level down to 20-30 (more than enough) and I only have sounds and vibrations for some of the emails, not all of them...
    12-05-11 12:08 PM
    Guy's,

Btw I'm on .353

Peace.

5 PM UPDATE: Leaving work now and I'm on 66% since 8:30am this morning with my normal everyday use as mentioned above above and loads of BBM Group messages (29 people in group so quite a lot of messages.)

Battery is well ok.
    I was running on .353 before .530, and you are right. For a long while, .353 lasted very long from me from when i got this phone from september till last week when I updated to this crappy .530 version.

If you guys can, stay with .353. Its the best battery life version, TRUST US.

I just used my phone extensively today from 95% at 1:00pm, came home now at 6:52pm, it is now at 25%
    -Un-friggin-acceptable

I would go back to .353, but i'm doing testing on this version soooo waiting for the next one.
    12-05-11 05:53 PM
    The battery on .353 is brill guy's. At 8:36PM last night i was still on 53% battery after quite a lot of use from 8:30am that morning. Right now I'm still at 100% and phone's been off the charger since 8:20am today (UK time) Have used SocialScope once so downloaded all my twitter, Facebook and foursquare feeds, Socialfeeds still updating BBM and RSS feeds, received 1 email, a BBM message and an FB Messenger message. Accuweather still running and refreshing every hour.

I can't complain.

UPDATE: It's 12:06PM now and battery still at 100% even with all the above on and a few more emails, FB Messenger and SocialScope updates. It's so good even i'm scared.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 12-06-11 at 06:05 AM.
    12-06-11 04:24 AM
    The battery on .353 is brill guy's. At 8:36PM last night i was still on 53% battery after quite a lot of use from 8:30am that morning. Right now I'm still at 100% and phone's been off the charger since 8:20am today (UK time) Have used SocialScope once so downloaded all my twitter, Facebook and foursquare feeds, Socialfeeds still updating BBM and RSS feeds, received 1 email, a BBM message and an FB Messenger message. Accuweather still running and refreshing every hour.

I can't complain.

UPDATE: It's 12:06PM now and battery still at 100% even with all the above on and a few more emails, FB Messenger and SocialScope updates. It's so good even i'm scared.
    Was this over 3G by any chance?
    12-06-11 09:26 PM
    What the!!!!!!! Downgrading to 353!
    12-07-11 12:44 AM
    No.. not over 3G. 3G is a battery drainer so no use even trying to fight it. The technology for 3G itself being that it is faster, can handle calls and data transfer at the same time just already tells you that it will require more power. Plus in most areas it is not as widespread as 2G so the signal dropping and antenna having to search also adds to the drain.

I stay with 2G and if i need to download a new app or something i switch to 3G.. once done im back on 2G. I tried the 3G experiment yesterday and from 8:20 to about 12PM with no use i was down to about 77%. Today i've been off the charger since 8:25am.. had loads of BBM, Whatsapp text and media msgs(pictures), accuweather running, using socialscope quite a lot tweeting etc, taking 4 pictures and made 3 1 minute calls to voie mail.. it's 1:37PM now and im on 81%. that's about 5 hours.

UPDATE: Leaving work now... it's 5PM and I'm at 65%. I can't fault this battery guy's i'm totally satisfied with it based on my normal everyday use. I didn't try to do anything less i just used it as normal.

Cool runs..
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 12-08-11 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Update
    12-08-11 07:35 AM
    No.. not over 3G. 3G is a battery drainer so no use even trying to fight it. The technology for 3G itself being that it is faster, can handle calls and data transfer at the same time just already tells you that it will require more power. Plus in most areas it is not as widespread as 2G so the signal dropping and antenna having to search also adds to the drain.

I stay with 2G and if i need to download a new app or something i switch to 2G.. once done im back on 2G. I tried the 3G experiment yesterday and from 8:20 to about 12PM with no use i was down to about 77%. Today i've been off the charger since 8:25am.. had loads of BBM, Whatsapp text and media msgs(pictures), accuweather running, using socialscope quite a lot tweeting etc, taking 4 pictures and made 3 1 minute calls to voie mail.. it's 1:37PM now and im on 81%. that's about 5 hours.

Im stuck with 3G only hopefully a new software version can fix this problem for good
    12-08-11 09:34 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD