Hi All,

My Blackberry 9360 came today, but there is a problem with the End Call/Off Button.

It seems very sticky/unresponsive when compared to the other buttons. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

If not I will try and get it fixed/swapped by Vodafone, as it is Brand New. This leads me onto my next question :

If I swapped my 9360 for a new one, could I save the data which was on the old one onto the new one? (I won't have them both at the same time if that makes a difference).

So basically can I 'restore' the new 9360 of the 'backup' from the old 9360?

Thanks and ATB

James
    07-03-12 04:13 PM
    I think you can have your data restored to your new one. You back up SOME of the data using blackberry protect (check on blackberry protect the data you will able to back up). When you log in to blackberry protect on new device, you can restore from your previous device back up. Check also this thing called device switch, it can serve that purpose, its in the SETUP on your 9360
    07-04-12 11:28 AM
    You can use desktop manager to backup your phone and restore to your new phone.

Also my phone had same problem with "end call" button, check the side of the button it may sort of sticking up very slightly, press down on it and will click in place. Its a small mistake in manufacturing that occurs sometimes where they forget press in all "click in" points that fixes the circuit borad to the housing.

Press only on the part of the button that's sticking up, you may need to tilt the phone at angle favoring the light in order to see it, its not noticeable from a direct overhead view.
    Last edited by f0xx386; 07-04-12 at 02:30 PM.
    07-04-12 02:23 PM
    I think you can have your data restored to your new one. You back up SOME of the data using blackberry protect (check on blackberry protect the data you will able to back up). When you log in to blackberry protect on new device, you can restore from your previous device back up. Check also this thing called device switch, it can serve that purpose, its in the SETUP on your 9360
    Thanks for that. I'll have to have a look at Blackberry Protect as I haven't used it before.

You can use desktop manager to backup your phone and restore to your new phone.

Also my phone had same problem with "end call" button, check the side of the button it may sort of sticking up very slightly, press down on it and will click in place. Its a small mistake in manufacturing that occurs sometimes where they forget press in all "click in" points that fixes the circuit borad to the housing.

Press only on the part of the button that's sticking up, you may need to tilt the phone at angle favoring the light in order to see it, its not noticeable from a direct overhead view.
    Thanks Fox. I have checked the key but it all seems fine and in place.

It seems OK to press in the bottom right corner, but anywhere else and you don't get a 'click'. I think I will see if I can return it for a new one.

Thanks and ATB

James
    07-05-12 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD