I currently have a blackberry curve 3g and am a heavy user of BBM and occasionally browse the internet and twitter, I was just wondering how long the battery would last if I was to do this on the 9360? I am due and upgrade soon and this is one of the options, but if it lasts even less than my curve 3g then I see no point in upgrading

Thanks
    05-07-12 12:15 PM
    I just recently helped a friend get one and I was very impressed. I read some things about battery life not being as good so I tried it for a day and it got me through the day no problem.
    I believe it comes with FM radio that does not use data at all. Kinda cool. This little guy is pretty nice and I speed tested it against my Bold 9930 and it is no slouch. Unlike the older BB this Curve is fast.
    It is also a world phone (all OS7 BB are) so if you have a current passport or plan to travel that is nice to know.
    I don't know if you can run BB Traffic on your current one but I love BB Traffic with free voice navigation.
    Lastly, there are $77.00 bucks of free premium apps to OS7 phones so I would say that is pretty cool too.
    One last thing. The flash, if there is one, on older curve devices is probably not as good as this one. I use the flashlight often in the mornings and this thing just rocked!
    I never even considered a curve and after helping my friend get hers I think I've been missing out.

Good luck.
    05-07-12 12:24 PM
    My girlfriend has a 9360 that I got her at the beginning of March and she loves it Battery lasts her well more than a day and she bbm's me all afternoon lol I have a 9360 myself that I use as a backup and for days when I'm on emergency calls at work, don't want to get my 9900 dirty lol but haven't really had to use it for more than 8 or so hours and even then it's barely getting used as I'm knee deep in water trying to fix a broken watermain lol If a 9360 is what suits your needs then by all means don't hesitate, its a fantastic little device. I get jealous of my girlfriends 9360 when I see her playing with it but then I remember that I have a 9900 and the jealousy goes away lol
    05-07-12 12:41 PM
    The battery life for me is the only down fall one of the best looking devices RIM has come up with only wish they would have thought of how the system would drain the battery so fast....
    05-07-12 01:15 PM
    Yeah the 9360 will definitely burn through those tasks no sweat. I know where you're coming from, I used a 9300 before I got my 9360 and I have to say the 9300 was a great starter BlackBerry, even having some upsides against the 9700, but the 9360 is a pretty big improvement over what was already a pretty decent device. I use BBM all the time on my Curve, the battery is stable at about 7-8 hours with 3G, I can go 12+ hours on WiFi. On moderate usage, 3G + WiFi on I managed 24 hours of straight use of course this was moderate use and you can only duplicate that result under WiFi (3G is way too much of a drain).
    05-08-12 09:07 PM
    With the 7.1 OS update the battery life is much improved. It also comes with a battery saving feature which I have on all the time, along with screen brightness and backlight timeout on minimum (you don't even notice a difference) Finally I keep wifi and 3G off, relying mostly on the 2G connection for BBMs and emails, only switching them on when I need them, eg extensive web browsing and streaming.
    This way I dont need to restrict how much I use my BB and always get a full day out of the chap.
    Hope this helps!
    05-09-12 05:41 AM
    my 9900 bricked and while that is out of action i picked up a 9360 . Wow a fantastic phone. yes i do miz the 9900 keyboard but this one definately is a keeper.
    05-09-12 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD