Hi All, when I phone others it appears as Unknown on their caller ID. This suddenly happened, I don�t know what caused the change. I went to the area in the online Manual that deals with this, and tried to make the changes, i.e.

Options icon.
    Click Device > Advanced System Settings > SIM Card.
    Highlight the phone number.
    Press the Menukey > Edit SIM Phone Number.
    Type your phone number.
    Click OK.

But when I do this, it says �Error Accessing SIM�. I don�t know what to do next. Pse advise. Tks in advance.
    10-26-12 02:08 PM
    go to options->call management->in call settings->restrict my identity and set it to network determined

you are good to go then.
    10-26-12 10:53 PM
    Hey 2C, thanks. Only thing was that I originally had it on "Never" and *had* changed it to 'Network determined' already. But I've tried again and still the same error message. Powered the phone off and then on, still the same error.
    10-27-12 08:27 AM
    Hey 2C, thanks. Only thing was that I originally had it on "Never" and *had* changed it to 'Network determined' already. But I've tried again and still the same error message. Powered the phone off and then on, still the same error.
    Call your carrier, tell them to push the number to the SIM card. Happened to me when I swapped SIMs and didn't have it in the phone when it was being activated. It's a really quick process.
    10-27-12 10:43 AM
    now the 2nd thing which comes to my mind is this that the receiver person does not have caller id facility on his or her phone.

before asking the other person do a battery pull and try again and if problem is not solved then contact your operator to clear out the glitch.
    10-27-12 02:04 PM
    Hey 2C, thanks - by battery pull you mean taking it apart at the back and removing the battery and SIM card? Already did that. And have phoned the carrier, they will escalate this and look into it, much thanks to all
    10-28-12 09:36 AM
    till than party hard and call your exgf from unknown number.
    10-28-12 01:45 PM
    Hi All, when I phone others it appears as Unknown on their caller ID. This suddenly happened, I don’t know what caused the change. I went to the area in the online Manual that deals with this, and tried to make the changes, i.e.

Options icon.
    Click Device > Advanced System Settings > SIM Card.
    Highlight the phone number.
    Press the Menukey > Edit SIM Phone Number.
    Type your phone number.
    Click OK.

But when I do this, it says “Error Accessing SIM”. I don’t know what to do next. Pse advise. Tks in advance.
    This setting has nothing to do with that. This only stores a number on a SIM Card file called MSISDN which is used only for information purposes, so very few operators use this.

The forwarding of your number depends on your network provider and your phone. If your network is overriding and not informing this, it will not show on the other person's phone, except when calling to a fixed phone.

Usually the network considers what is determined by the user on the setting mentioned by 2C. In resume, it seems your operator is the problem.

You can also "push" this on a call by call basis adding some number at the beggining of the call (GSM phones only -> add #31# at the beggning of the dialed number) to block or to show your ID (add *31# at the beggining of the dialed number), but if your operator is overriding this, there is nothing you can do.

Also if you are calling internationally or in international roaming, then this is a very common problem.

JP
    Last edited by jpaulo604; 10-30-12 at 04:35 PM.
    10-30-12 01:42 PM
    Hey all, thanks for all the input. Finally got hold of my carrier - insisted they do it for me while I stay on the line as opposed to being phoned back - and you invariably miss the call - grrr - and yeah, that sorted it out - ppl can read my incoming call with the number displayed. Ancillary question tho - why when I press the green button on the left in default mode, does it come up with "My Number: Unknown Number"? Tks ;-)
    11-08-12 10:34 AM
    you can change it by setup->options->device->advance system settings->sim card and phone number can be changed by pressing the bb button.

so did you called your ex gf with unknown number and freaked her out?
    11-08-12 02:20 PM
    Hey 2C, thanks - but from the start I couldn't do this, it came up with the "Error Accessing Sim" message. Not that it's critical, but I'd like it to be right.

Did I call my ex g/f? Uh, no. LOL ;-)
    11-09-12 06:37 AM
    wow thats fancy that it didnt let you change it.

get a sim exchange from your carrier explaining them the reason, they might not charge you any thing for a simple swap.

so you have any exgf?
    11-09-12 01:13 PM