With PB OS2 coming, I figured it was time to upgrade my phone. I was gonna do it a couple of weeks ago, but something just told me to wait. I'm so glad I did. With the new upgrade program, AND the trade up program, AND my Sprint upgrade, online discount and mail in rebate, I stand to make about $50(which paid for my car charger and extra charger at shopblackberry). The downside is losing my Nextel DC, but Sprint is canning that anyway. I look forward to the Bridged Browser experience, since being on iDen was like not having a Bridged Browser. I also ordered some NFC tags from Tagstand and can't wait to play with that. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Sorry for this post...I'm sure nobody really cares about this, but I had to tell somebody, and I'm the only Crackberry addict I know!
    02-12-12 04:31 PM
    no! Ofcourse we care. Congratulations, brother.
    Last edited by Bilaal; 02-12-12 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typo
    02-12-12 04:58 PM
    With PB OS2 coming, I figured it was time to upgrade my phone. I was gonna do it a couple of weeks ago, but something just told me to wait. I'm so glad I did. With the new upgrade program, AND the trade up program, AND my Sprint upgrade, online discount and mail in rebate, I stand to make about $50(which paid for my car charger and extra charger at shopblackberry). The downside is losing my Nextel DC, but Sprint is canning that anyway. I look forward to the Bridged Browser experience, since being on iDen was like not having a Bridged Browser. I also ordered some NFC tags from Tagstand and can't wait to play with that. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Sorry for this post...I'm sure nobody really cares about this, but I had to tell somebody, and I'm the only Crackberry addict I know!

Believe it or not everyone cares

The more the merrier

You'll definitely enjoy your new Curve, Im basically using the GSM/HSPA variant of that (9360) Great little phone.

One thing to note, all this time I've been seeing demos of BlackBerry remote with a Bold 9900, and because of the touch screen the 9900 can be used without any hindrance especially with the bezel gestures.

Now with the Curve series, we don't have touchscreens on our devices, so I know the trackpad will work just fine, RIM demoed the 9900 using the trackpad a bit. Although the major thing is they did not demo bezel gestures using BlackBerry Remote using solely the trackpad. Each time they demoed a bezel gesture they used the touchscreen of the Bold 9900. Perhaps its simply easier to use?

Either way hopefully BlackBerry Remote is fully functional on our BlackBerry Curves since its an awesome feature

Hope you enjoy your BlackBerry as much as well all do, Im enjoying my PlayBook everyday, loving the Bridge feature, PS. Bridge can also allow other apps to stream data through Bridge. Pretty nice if you want to check the facebook app using Bridge and you wouldn't have to be near WiFi . Anyways that functionality is being put into more applications so in theory you could use Bridge to provide a data connection to all your apps without needing WiFi. If that gets working pretty well the PlayBook definitely gets MAJOR points for that, its crucial for people to be in WiFi zones with their tablets now and if the PlayBook has that functionality it renders carrier data plans for tablets moot since users can Bridge their smartphone (Note: Next playbook is rumored to have 42 Mbps HSPA radio).

Anyways, Hope you enjoy the PlayBook and Curve, this has been a long winded post but hey, the more the merrier, and the more active we can get this forum the better for users since they'll visit more frequently and are likely to post more and we can get more Curve specific information.
    02-12-12 08:00 PM
    Congrats
    02-16-12 12:40 PM
    So I have my 9350 a couple of days now, and all I can say AWESOME!!!!!!! I love it! OS7 is sweet and NFC is wicked cool! It will only get better when my Airave shows up. When I got my new phone, I had to switch from Nextel to Sprint, and apparently the Sprint signal just doesn't like my house. With Nextel, I always had at least 3 bars. Sprint, maybe 1, usually none. I get a fine roaming signal. So I called Sprint and without any hassle, my Airave is on its way, free of charge. The final pieces of the puzzle will then be a Bridge update and OS2. The next week should be really exciting!
    02-17-12 02:34 PM
    @OP,

Congrats!

What type of NFC tag did you order? Mifare Classic or Mifare Ultralight?
    (If you have ordered Mifare Classic, you might consider returning them and ask to get Ultralight instead. BBOS 7.0 and 7.1 can't read Mifare Classic).
    02-17-12 05:27 PM
    @OP,

Congrats!

What type of NFC tag did you order? Mifare Classic or Mifare Ultralight?
    (If you have ordered Mifare Classic, you might consider returning them and ask to get Ultralight instead. BBOS 7.0 and 7.1 can't read Mifare Classic).
    I got the Ultras. They work great, as does NFC Shortcuts and ShortCutMe. I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
    02-17-12 05:32 PM
    I got the Ultras. They work great, as does NFC Shortcuts and ShortCutMe. I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
    I might, but since I don't check PMs very often, I don't know. I will check now.
    02-17-12 05:40 PM
    Your PM is now answered.

As mentioned in the PM, Yes, it is possible to add the feature you requested.
    02-17-12 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD