I installed this on my 9360 last night and the battery life has been transformed even from the previous .258 (I didnt actually notice better battery performance with
    .258).
    If people are looking for better battery life then from my experience its worth the upgrade!
    03-30-12 07:50 AM
    i dont get it. if these updates are providing better battery life then why isnt RIM releasing this worldwide? for e.g. in india we still have 7.0.3355 as the latest OS. also, in india, we dont have a contract system like US so we just buy our handsets and choose the service provider that we like which should make it easier for RIM to provide updates to us as they can do so directly without the carrier having to approve it first.
    03-30-12 10:17 AM
    Carriers release new OS builds when they feel like it.

Being able to use a different carrier's OS takes the sting out of it though.
    03-30-12 11:03 AM
    I am trying to update my Blackberry from 7.0 to 7.1 on AT&T's network. Can anyone help me with this. I am new to upgrading OS but would love to be able to call out on WIFI instead of using my minutes.
    03-30-12 06:27 PM
    Anyone noticed that the email set up is gone -_-
    03-30-12 06:40 PM
    Anyone noticed that the email set up is gone -_-
    No is not. If it is for you, go to mobile.blackberry.com in your phone, then select your country, later click on Email, select integrate other personal mail, and you'll automatically launch the email setup of your phone
    03-30-12 10:50 PM
    03-30-12 10:55 PM
    i dont get it. if these updates are providing better battery life then why isnt RIM releasing this worldwide? for e.g. in india we still have 7.0.3355 as the latest OS. also, in india, we dont have a contract system like US so we just buy our handsets and choose the service provider that we like which should make it easier for RIM to provide updates to us as they can do so directly without the carrier having to approve it first.
    RIM doesn't release OS's anywhere, carriers do. Even here in India, apart from the carriers, who are extremely slow, Redington releases them.

Anyways, you can just delete the vendor.xml file and install any carriers OS.
    03-31-12 01:35 AM
    I am trying to update my Blackberry from 7.0 to 7.1 on AT&T's network. Can anyone help me with this. I am new to upgrading OS but would love to be able to call out on WIFI instead of using my minutes.
    you can apply this update to your AT&T BlackBerry but UMA / WiFi calling will still be *not* available as AT&T doesn't offer it or support it. For it to work, your device has to have compatible hardware and software and your carrier has to have the appropriate backend infrastructure. Your BlackBerry is capable of it but it's not enabled in the software as it doesn't work on AT&T.
    IsisBlue2012 likes this.
    03-31-12 10:13 AM
    Either the 4G signal of Globe here in the Philippines is just bad or they're just claiming to have 4G but really don't. Haha.
    I don't think we have 4G LTE just yet. H+ maybe. I'm currently installing the update on my 9360 I will know more once I visited the Manila area (esp Ortigas).

EDIT : I don't have the 3G/4G option here . And hotspot is blocked too
    Last edited by f0xG3; 03-31-12 at 10:12 PM.
    03-31-12 10:03 PM
    So far it seems the battery is somewhat worse than .258, as twice now my battery has died by now. Anyone else notice this?
    03-31-12 11:01 PM
    i have a stock Curve 9360 with 7.0 Bundle 1555(v7.0.0.319, Platform 8.0.0.359)

can i jump ahead to this version? will it pose a connection problem with my carrier for installing a new OS not coming from them?

thank you
    04-01-12 12:13 AM
    i have a stock Curve 9360 with 7.0 Bundle 1555(v7.0.0.319, Platform 8.0.0.359)

can i jump ahead to this version? will it pose a connection problem with my carrier for installing a new OS not coming from them?

thank you
    You can update your phone to the latest OS regardless to which carrier released it. If anything, updating your OS is only beneficial to your BlackBerry and your user experience. The above post shows you on how to update the OS and if you need further help, you can always ask :-)
    04-01-12 05:05 AM
    So what does this update have to offer? Only better battery life?
    04-01-12 06:26 PM
    Hi guys, update appears fine on Desktop Manager, BackUp works fine but when the update says "connecting to boot ROM", my phone goes dark, the LED flashes red and then I get the following message:

"Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]"

So I try it over and over again and get the same error...?

Any thoughts / tips / experiences with this?

Thanks
    04-02-12 10:52 AM
    First delete all other OS from your PC.........in add and remove folder
    Note : you do not need to open DM for this to work...
    If you have Windows XP
    Do this
    Run the latest version OS 7.1 which is posted right in here OS7.1.0.336 Telenor Norway
    when its finished a note will show run app loader DONT
    Click Start
    Click program files
    Click Common files
    Click Research in motion Folder
    Click App Loader folder
    Find the XML VENDOR File DELETE IT dont close the folder
    Now Plug your phone in and Click app loader
    Let it do its thing

If you have windows 7 its almost the same as above BUT a second XML Vendor file is hidden in your PC you have to find that and delete it..
    This should work for everyone i have done 3 so far all different carriers TELUS ROGERS and FIDO..here in Canada...
    IsisBlue2012 likes this.
    04-02-12 03:28 PM
    Hi guys, update appears fine on Desktop Manager, BackUp works fine but when the update says "connecting to boot ROM", my phone goes dark, the LED flashes red and then I get the following message:

"Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]"

So I try it over and over again and get the same error...?

Any thoughts / tips / experiences with this?

Thanks
    If you have Windows XP
    Do this
    Run the latest version OS 7.1 which is posted right in here OS7.1.0.336 Telenor Norway
    Click Start
    Click program files
    Click Common files
    Click App Loader folder
    Let it do its thing

If you have windows 7 its almost the same as above BUT a second XML Vendor file is hidden in your PC you have to find that and delete it..
    This should work for everyone i have done 3 so far all different carriers TELUS ROGERS and FIDO..here in Canada...
    jordandub likes this.
    04-02-12 03:32 PM
    This update finally enabled NFC on my phone(T-Mobile US disables it), it looks snappier and battery life is the same as .258, there's a 4G/3G option but I believe that's a software typo as this phone is 3G only(?). A good upgrade overall.
    04-02-12 11:04 PM
    If you have Windows XP
    Do this
    Click Start
    Click program files
    Click Common files
    Click App Loader folder
    Let it do its thing

Nice moves, it was deleting the other OS (.258) from my PC that did it and allowed the other to be loaded. Many thanks, great tip
    04-03-12 03:58 AM
    how do i download it? it requires me to input personal data? should i enter my info the same as i used for registering my BB phone?
    sorry for this question. this is my first time to upgrade my phone.
    thank you.
    04-03-12 05:49 AM
    It'll take 3 days plus to find out. Is your battery still worse than .258 ???

So far it seems the battery is somewhat worse than .258, as twice now my battery has died by now. Anyone else notice this?
    04-04-12 09:59 PM
    Seems Ok now. Haven't really put it though it's paces yet though.
    04-05-12 12:31 AM
    guys how long does it usually take to update your phone?

as of now im updating my phone.... and its stock at connecting to device for like 10 mins already... is that normal or what step should i do next?

ive deleted the vendor.xml also...
    04-05-12 01:14 AM
    guys how long does it usually take to update your phone?

as of now im updating my phone.... and its stock at connecting to device for like 10 mins already... is that normal or what step should i do next?

ive deleted the vendor.xml also...
    is it after second reboot?
    04-05-12 04:16 AM
    If you have Windows XP
    Do this
    Click Start
    Click program files
    Click Common files
    Click App Loader folder
    Let it do its thing

Finally, got it to work! Thanx for the help
    04-06-12 09:47 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD