Fido .530 available today
    edit: as of Dec 27, 2011 at 10:18PM PST Fido Official download page still not showing 9360 on the dropdown list
    Last edited by day_moon; 12-28-11 at 12:21 AM.
    12-28-11 12:13 AM
    I gave this 1 more shot.. Reinstalled/Repaired my old .594
    So far after a complete wipe using BBSAK, and loading VIA App loader.exe, So far not so so bad. Dropping at 6%/hour only because i am only connected to WIFI, some youtube , music, and lots of browsing. When I dont use it but still connected to WIFI, dropping 2%.. Pretty good so far.
    Where is this 7.1 Official release
    Last edited by jeffrey1027; 12-28-11 at 01:44 PM.
    12-28-11 01:20 PM
    How to shrink it guys? Pls help!!!
    To shrink download either
    This (BBHTOOLS):
    BBHTool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

OR

This (BB Boss OS Shrinker):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...rinker-576261/

They both work equally good but BBHTOOLS has more functionality.
    Happy Shrinking
    12-28-11 01:24 PM
    Just because I'm completely clueless to most of this; what is the benefit of shrinking the OS?
    12-29-11 02:48 PM
    Just because I'm completely clueless to most of this; what is the benefit of shrinking the OS?
    Removing Carrier "junk" apps and/or removing unnecessary apps from being installed during the OS installation phase such as ex. password keeper, memo pad, vvm, tty support just to name a few.
    Shrinking was crucial on the OS6 loading onto a OS 5 device due to memory leaks.. Since then, OS7 devices have enough ram to fully install everything but then again, some people just want the extra space (Ram) to install more apps or what not.
    raakaan likes this.
    12-29-11 08:19 PM
    Oooh, so it's not the low level stuff that requires BBSAK?

I guess I've been shrinking all along (but I do it after install as BDS doesn't reveal how to choose which components are onstalled)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-11 08:55 PM
    Removing Carrier "junk" apps and/or removing unnecessary apps from being installed during the OS installation phase such as ex. password keeper, memo pad, vvm, tty support just to name a few.
    Shrinking was crucial on the OS6 loading onto a OS 5 device due to memory leaks.. Since then, OS7 devices have enough ram to fully install everything but then again, some people just want the extra space (Ram) to install more apps or what not.
    Ahh okay. Gets rid of the bloatware. Sounds good.

Do these shrink utilities prompt you for what it removes before installation? A few of the things you mentioned I actually use, but when I just updated to .594 it put back on all the applications I don't use like Twitter, Facebook, etc. and I wouldn't mind in the future being able to avoid having to delete all of those after an update.

EDIT---

I have a feeling grahamf ^ just answered that question and I'm obviously too ignorant to read.
    Last edited by TheRealFixxxer; 12-29-11 at 09:54 PM.
    12-29-11 09:52 PM
    @TheRealFlixxer: when you connect your bb to blackberry desktop software, there should be a button called "applications" that allows you to uncheck (or check) the apps and components you want. I find it faster than doing it all from thw device because you can choose all of the apps you want removed in one shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TheRealFixxxer likes this.
    12-30-11 12:06 AM
    Will .594 work on my device? Im in south africa using a 9360. I have also never updated a FW manually before, can someone point to the best guide, there are soo many.
    12-31-11 02:51 AM
    my .594 has an issue here, it keeps eror with its JVM thing, and i lost my bbm contact several times, any suggestions guys?
    12-31-11 06:24 PM
    Try to Re-install the SW, but format the BB 1St after that , re-install it .
    01-01-12 05:50 AM
    So guys .. give me ur final advice ... Upgrade from .353 to .594 ??
    01-01-12 05:54 AM
    I installed the above software but it doesnt update. What am I doing wrong?
    01-01-12 06:01 AM
    .594 is better in battery life

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-01-12 10:35 AM
    .594 is better in battery life
    I agree. I had 0.353 and after upgrading my battery went from draining 30% over night to 5%. It was even better today at work.
    01-01-12 07:38 PM
    Sometimes RIM's OS software development too lame in increasing the overall Os experience to the users, may RIM heard us. Aamiin

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-01-12 08:28 PM
    will upgrade soon

okk , i wanna ask about another thing

i want a application that allow me to show the battery percent (%)

thx
    01-01-12 11:00 PM
    i want a application that allow me to show the battery percent (%)
    I use Battery Booster Free.
    It allows you to view percentage on the notification bar, the app icon, and after installing it begins to keep track in graph form for the last day, week and month.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...h=true&lang=en
    01-02-12 01:49 AM
    this release works like a charm for the batery life and over heating problems of the 9360. Get installing people
    upgrade! it really improves battery life & over heating problem
    Lo0o0oL , u have excited me
    will upgrade it my friend , don't worry ^^

I use Battery Booster Free.
    It allows you to view percentage on the notification bar, the app icon, and after installing it begins to keep track in graph form for the last day, week and month.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...h=true&lang=en
    Downloaded it , can't see the percentage on the main screen !

any another apps ?
    01-02-12 02:32 AM
    if I delete the vendor.xml file will it allow me to update .594?

nevermind, It worked after deleting the two vendor files.
    Last edited by brownberry111; 01-02-12 at 04:27 AM.
    01-02-12 03:05 AM
    if I delete the vendor.xml file will it allow me to update .594?

nevermind, It worked after deleting the two vendor files.
    ypp, it should work
    01-02-12 04:52 AM
    Hello guys

How are you all ??

Can anyone tell me what can i remove from here ??

As you see .. i have checked some unwanted programs and languages

But i don't know if there any files related to the SYSTEM or NOT

HELP ME PLEASE
    01-03-12 10:51 AM
    Yeah I have some of the same questions myself.

Using BBH Tool for the .594 update and when I check off things like the 'Latin' font it says it's the default font and would be illadvised so delete. I don't use that font, but I don't want the install to be botched if the OS gets stuck in a loop searching for a font that does not exist.

I'm also wondering if checking off the 'DoD Certs.', 'Lunar Calendar' (What is this, anyways? Is it really just a calendar for the lunar cycle? If so, why would this even be imbeded in the OS in the first place?) 'Backgrounds' and 'Themes' would have negative effects.

Most everything else is pretty simple. I'm on Rogers so anything that has Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T I'm sure I can safely get rid of. But there are a few things I'm just not 100% about.

Is there any real documentation about shrinking your OS? I have searched for it, but haven't come across anything concrete. I suppose I could live without shrinking the OS but I'm not keen on my device having less than half of its memory free (146MB out of 512MB).
    01-03-12 01:08 PM
    One thing you should keep in mind is the size of what you're shrinking. Fonts really don't take up that much space, and if you receive an email or browse to a page that defines a specific font then you're screwed.

In reality, I've found that even the 9360 has enough RAM to never have a problem; so you can simply just shrink away unused apps like AIM or Gtalk, foreign languages that you'll never learn, and carrier applications (which may include CIQ anyways).

After that, you should never have a problem with RAM; unless you don't properly exit programs and the browser, and install a buttload of applications that you only use once.
    01-03-12 04:33 PM
    Guys

I got a picture from this thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...rinker-576261/

as u see on the right down corner
    this apps. are for ADVANCED users ... i mean we can remove it

what do u think ?
    Last edited by raakaan; 01-04-12 at 05:37 AM.
    01-04-12 05:31 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD