I've recentl gone form a 9300 to a (2nd hand) 9360.

When I go the the music player and look at a list of Albums. If different tracks in the same Album with different Artists it list them as different Albums.

For example if I have an Album "Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits", some of the tracks have the Artist as "Johnny Cash" and some as "Johnny Cash & June Carter" this appears as two seperate albums.
    I.e.
    Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits
    Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits
    Johnny Cash & June Carter

Is there a way to fix this - so that when I select Media/Music/Albums I only see one album called "Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits" not two?
    11-06-14 09:24 AM
    Hi there!
    There is not a way to fix these on your phone that I know of. What you need to do is download an ID3 Tagger (or some other freeware app) on your PC and run all the music through it and change the ID2 and ID3 tags.

I do this with all my music BEFORE i copy it to my phone.

Then you have some control over the way the ID3 tags are written and associated with the music.

So, for example, open the entire album and change the album title (in the ID3 tag which is coded into the file) to either Greatest Hits or whatever one name you want to use.
    Simply renaming the file folder in file manger will NOT do this. You need to change the ID3 tagging info.

Hope this helps!
    11-06-14 09:31 AM
    I've already editied the ID3 tags for the album

The Album name is identical in all the ID3 tags. On my old 9300 the above example appeared as just one Album where as on the 9360 it appears as two. Basically the default music player appears to be sub-grouping albums by individual artist.
    11-06-14 09:36 AM