Hope someone can help me!?

I have a curve 9360. Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden i'm looking at my phone and it's telling me I have error's on my media card. It asks me if I'd like to repair it. Whether I check or uncheck the repair lost sectors box it still comes back with a media card repair failed message. All my microSD contents are no longer there, according to my BB when I try to access them and I cannot save anything new to the memory card either. When I plug my phone into the computer and look at my microSD as a volume in my computer all the info is there. I've run an error-check and debugged it through windows as well but it still does the same thing in my phone. I've since put another card in my BB but I'd really like to use the one that already has all my pics and music on it, mostly because it is also a much larger card. Any ideas?
    01-09-12 11:10 PM
    You might want to back up your files on to your Computer, then format the card using Windows format tool and then insert it back into the BB (empty card) and then do a format using the BB.

It could be something on your card that is causing this message to appear.
    I remember my BB telling me there was errors but once I scanned it for errors, all my contents were still there and the message no longer appeared.
    01-10-12 08:10 AM
    I've gotten the files backed-up now. I've formatted in windows, I still get the same error message when I put it in my BB and try to use it. So my BB says it has errors, can't fix the errors, won't write to the card but windows sees the card, reports no errors or lost sectors, and let's me read/write to the card??
    01-10-12 09:06 AM
    you might need to get a new card and just put your files on the new card.......if the problem still occurs, then it may be something within your files, good luck.
    01-10-12 01:01 PM
    you might need to get a new card and just put your files on the new card.......if the problem still occurs, then it may be something within your files, good luck.
    it's BS. I've had the same problem too, with it suddely saying my media card has errors on it, and then it trying to "fix" them (and often failing).

Just keep taking out and putting back in the memory card. May take a dozen times, but at some point it will work.

I really think it would be harder for RIM to have made more of a dud product than this phone. I'm about 2 months out of being able to early terminate for a subsidized upgrade to an iphone, and practically counting down the days.
    01-11-12 06:26 PM
    Every time I reboot my device I get this message " A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now. I choose yes and then another message pops up that reads ''If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I choose yes again. I get "Repairing card... please wait" and then "Media card repair failed". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Connecting my media card to the laptop (using a USB card reader) did not help either; I couldn't view any files as they were all random unknown files that were 'fragmented'. Any other way I can get my pictures/videos back?
    03-14-12 12:18 PM
    Which OS7 are you running on your Curve?
    03-14-12 03:51 PM
    Give this a try but back up first... (I'm running Windows 7)

With your phone plugged in via USB to your computer, click on windows icon in lower left corner, then click on computer, right click on your plugged in Blackberry, click on properties. click on the tools tab, the first option should say error checking, click on check now. Another screen pops up and check both boxes, then start the scan.

If that does not work I don't know what will. Good luck.
    Last edited by Prairiepaws; 03-15-12 at 02:07 AM.
    03-14-12 11:42 PM
    Try a software called: recuva, retrieve files frm the SD card. Also never format a new SD card in windows then insert into a blackberry always format the card using your blackberry. Formatting a new card in windows for its first use then placing in a blackberry or any other mobile can cause problems. Furthermore I would turn off file media file compression on the blackberry
    03-15-12 06:25 PM
    it happened to me yesterday, my memory card cut out and i always got "media card error, do you wish to repair files" and when i said yes, it always came up as failed, and if i said no, the memory card was never able to be read, i tried many things but managed to get my memory card recognised using the user manual from the bb website > Repair files stored on your media card or on your smartphone - BlackBerry Curve 9310/9315/9320 Smartphones - User Guide - BlackBerry Curve Series - 7.1 , my memory card is now being read but all data is gone and unrecoverable, hope this helps a wee bit
    yolo1814qu likes this.
    09-19-13 06:10 AM
    omg that what happing to my but all my music and picture and my media has gone and I have this ting come up saying have error's on my media card. It asks me if I'd like to repair it I click yes and it says you media card repair failed
    11-05-13 01:58 PM
    Give this a try but back up first... (I'm running Windows 7)

With your phone plugged in via USB to your computer, click on windows icon in lower left corner, then click on computer, right click on your plugged in Blackberry, click on properties. click on the tools tab, the first option should say error checking, click on check now. Another screen pops up and check both boxes, then start the scan.

If that does not work I don't know what will. Good luck.
    thank,your metod worked
    12-06-17 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD