Hi,

I got a Blackberry Curve 9360 recently to use with my carrier, O2. Got everything set up, on a Blackberry tarrif, etc. everything about the phone is working fine EXCEPT when I try to download ANYTHING!
    I first noticed it when it said there was a BBM update available, and one for MSN, FB (you get the idea) but everytime the download appears to have finished, the screen goes white and a messages says, "JVM Error 505- Reset". So I dunno how many times it's been reset now, hasn't made a blind bit of difference. I tried to download an app today and the same thing happened.
    I really don't know how to sort this, do I need to reinstall the software (how?!?!) or is this an error with the phone?

Ta,
    Luke
    05-07-12 03:17 AM
    Hi,

I got a Blackberry Curve 9360 recently to use with my carrier, O2. Got everything set up, on a Blackberry tarrif, etc. everything about the phone is working fine EXCEPT when I try to download ANYTHING!
    I first noticed it when it said there was a BBM update available, and one for MSN, FB (you get the idea) but everytime the download appears to have finished, the screen goes white and a messages says, "JVM Error 505- Reset". So I dunno how many times it's been reset now, hasn't made a blind bit of difference. I tried to download an app today and the same thing happened.
    I really don't know how to sort this, do I need to reinstall the software (how?!?!) or is this an error with the phone?

Ta,
    Luke
    Hi Luke5485,

Read this article
    Error 505", "App Error 505", or "JVM 505" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
    KB27157-"Error 505", "App Error 505", or "JVM 505" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
    05-07-12 04:54 AM
    i have a BB Curve 9360
    my battery is full charged, but when i startup my BB, first there's the 'loading'-screen;
    than my screen turns on full white with the note:
    "JVM ERROR 505 - RESET"
    ... i've got no idea how i can reset my BB, 'cause i can't turn him on, in no either way!
    anyone can help please?!
    10-28-13 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD