@MontanaVista, how do you experience the keyboard? I mean the keyboard on the 9700 I have right now is great (as in doesn't make loud noise when typing) but since the curve models (8520) are known for the "plastic" feel/noise I was wondering how the 9360 is?
    10-04-11 04:06 PM
    @MontanaVista, how do you experience the keyboard? I mean the keyboard on the 9700 I have right now is great (as in doesn't make loud noise when typing) but since the curve models (8520) are known for the "plastic" feel/noise I was wondering how the 9360 is?
    The keyboard is less curve-like than my 8900 was. The keys are set deeper into the device, so they are more flush and do not stick out as much. For me, coming from an older curve, it is harder to find the buttons but I'm quickly getting used to it and prefer the buttons aren't protruding as much as older Curves. The keys do click, but they also feel less clicky. Hope that helps!
    10-04-11 04:25 PM
    The 9360's keys are not mushy at all. When I used my mom's 9700, it felt like the surrounding keys were squishing in on every keypress.
    10-04-11 05:27 PM
    Coming from an older Curve 8900 that ran from the day the phone released until I purchased this one, I have to say I am in love all over again. My main complaint about the 8900 was how much it slowed down after updating the OS. Now with the new model I have the speed and same reliability I have come to love with the BB. The one problem I do have has nothing to do with the phone but rather the carrier. T-mobile for lack of a better words sucks. Sorry to use such childish language but I cannot get over how slow the 3g network is where I live. Other than that I use the Curve for four main things: Text, emails, phone calls and Twitter. It works perfect and fast with all four of those mediums. Like many of you have discussed, the keyboard is slightly "clicky." It is not a problem, and the speed of typing is not a problem, it is just louder than the 8900. At first I assumed I dropped something in between the keys but I realized it was just the phone. All-in-all it is a great phone and recommend it for anyone who needs just the basic-smart phone features. For everything else I carry an 32gb Ipod Touch as well as my laptop. There is wi-fi everywhere so I am satisfied with the two items. Enough with the digressions, buy the damn phone if cannot afford the outrageous price of the Bold.
    10-05-11 02:21 AM
    Thanks for the info @MontanaVista & @grahamf, I look forward to getting it and experiencing it myself, I always have my 9700 as a backup, just in case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 02:22 AM
    All-in-all it is a great phone and recommend it for anyone who needs just the basic-smart phone features. For everything else I carry an 32gb Ipod Touch as well as my laptop. There is wi-fi everywhere so I am satisfied with the two items. Enough with the digressions, buy the damn phone if cannot afford the outrageous price of the Bold.
    I completely agree with you sdguerrero. The 9360 is going to make a great basic smartphone. I carry my Playbook with me everywhere and that has my entire music library as well. So I am all set. Like you said, wifi is almost everywhere. The 9360/Playbook combo is just ideal!
    10-05-11 03:11 PM
    Ordered my 9360 last week, I got it on friday and I'm sending it back today, will be getting the 9900 instead. I'm coming from a 9700 and I really liked how the 9360 looked but the keyboard wasn't for me, and I had some technical troubles with getting all the apps to work (called T-Mobile and they said that they received many complaints about this problem) they said it might be technical problem on # of devices here in Holland, not saying the 9360 is bad though, not at all, just not for me!
    Last edited by ARebelWithACause; 10-11-11 at 05:25 AM.
    10-10-11 06:33 AM
182 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD